× Members

other members living in France re IB to ESA

More
12 years 3 months ago #81110 by Berlioz
minky1 wrote:

I have just noticed that there have been over 1600 views to this thread.....If you are living in France and are claiming ib/esa/dla I urge you to join this forum as it seems to be the only place where we will be able to share our experiences and give help and support to each other. If you like me have paid into the British system for years, were told that IB was transferable to the rest of Europe, we should be able to have at least our health cover (E121) sustained. We have to make a stand for our rights, the more people we have in this group the better our chances will be to take things further.

I paid all my NI, husband was still paying until last year when the E106 ran out, now Auto-E. I agree that we should keep in touch, but not sure how as this site does not have a PM (private message) facility and it is not a good idea to put personal details or e-mail addresses on a public forum.
The problem is that 'they' seem determined to pass 'Reforms' that will effectivly take away the existing legal right to have certain benefits 'portable' like IB, Child tax credit, Child benefit. Thankfully my kids have gone back to Uni in the UK. I'm not sure how we will cope if I have to pay to join the French scheme AND loose my IB. I sent off the ESA50-FR 3 days ago with 87 additional pages of consultant, doctor, chiropractor reports and just praying to be one of the 5% in the support group. I wonder why I bothered to struggle to work full time (dispite having poor health) If they can do this with IB what is going to happen to the State Pension? We would have no choice but to return to the UK if that goes next.
I have been watching the commons debate live.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago #81113 by Gordon
Berlioz

There is currently no PM system on the forum and we will not allow the publication of email addresses for privacy reasons.

We've allowed this thread as an aid to members living abroad who are affected by the changes, but I do feel obliged to point out that this is not a Discussion forum and therefore may not be the best place for any on-going comment.

I am sure you will have noted that there has been very little comment by B&W moderators on this subject. This is due to the law on receiving benefits abroad being outside of our remit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 3 months ago #81124 by Berlioz
Gordon wrote:

Berlioz

There is currently no PM system on the forum and we will not allow the publication of email addresses for privacy reasons.

We've allowed this thread as an aid to members living abroad who are affected by the changes, but I do feel obliged to point out that this is not a Discussion forum and therefore may not be the best place for any on-going comment.

I am sure you will have noted that there has been very little comment by B&W moderators on this subject. This is due to the law on receiving benefits abroad being outside of our remit.

Gordon

Thank you Gordon, I really appreciate you leaving this post unlocked. We are NOT requesting country specific help from BAW, I have looked for other more specific forums for ex-pats in France without finding anything relevant. If anyone has any idea how to pass on e-mail addresses and keep in touch I would be grateful.
I still can't get my head around the huge implications of effectivly phasing outcontribution based benefits in the UK. I cannot see how this is going to save any money at all If people like me are forced to return to the UK or risk the loss of my state pension, like lots of UK women I never earned enough to build up a 'Bankers' size private pension pot... what I did have was in Standard Life!! might buy me a weeks shopping per year if that.
There simply isn't enough Prozac for this :S
More
12 years 3 months ago #81130 by Gordon
Berlioz

I'd like to claim I thought of this but my colleague Bro58 actually came up with it.

B & W run a Facebook page, I am not suggesting that you move your conversation there, but it would offer you a place to go, where you could exchange email addresses through its Facebooks private messaging system.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • bro58
12 years 3 months ago #81139 by bro58
Gordon wrote:

Berlioz

I'd like to claim I thought of this but my colleague Bro58 actually came up with it.

B & W run a Facebook page, I am not suggesting that you move your conversation there, but it would offer you a place to go, where you could exchange email addresses through its Facebooks private messaging system.

Gordon

Just to add to the above, you can access our Facebook page from the bottom left of our Forum page.( "Follow us on Facebook" )

bro58
More
12 years 3 months ago #81140 by Berlioz
sorry Gordon to be a pain, how do i find the facebook page? i tried a search for Bro58 but there does not seem to be a profile... i do have facebook (got teenagers)
sorry if I'm being a bit slow but used all my spoons up for today and trying not to burn dinner (again). sigh
is there a thread where he gives the link?
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.