× Members

other members living in France re IB to ESA

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #81920 by windmill20
Replied by windmill20 on topic Re:other members living in France re IB to ESA
Hello to you all,

Well I had my medical to-day it lasted about 20 minutes, the doctor was nice but did not speak english (my husband is fluent so ok)he did not know why I was there and did not fill in a form but wrote a letter which he read to us he did examine me but after a few minutes said he had seen enough and if I was French would be in 2nd category of disability which state unable to perform any gainful activity and recommended that my benefit be continued. I am still not hopeful but would like to see how it is translated.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The topic has been locked.
  • minky1
12 years 2 months ago #82067 by minky1
Hi All

Just to let other members know (mainly those that live in France) that today I received a letter from the Pension services stating that they had written to the French health authorities asking them to arrange a medical for me. I sent off my form in mid November, and the pension service in England said that they wrote to France on 9th Feb,(the same date on my letter - it has taken over 2 wks to get here)so about 11 weeks in total. I will let you all know when I get the date for the medical.
More
12 years 2 months ago #82092 by Berlioz
Hi All,
I just logged on to see what is new in this thread. I had eye surgery on 14th and had complications so havn't been keeping up.
I haven't heard anything about my claim yet although I did Chronopost my ESA50 + 60 additional pages and the tracking number went as far as Newcastle :)

I read somewhere that there are 5,800 'overseas customers' in receipt of IB like us who are affected by this nasty rule change. So much for contacting the 'benefits portability section' before we left England!
More
12 years 2 months ago #82122 by David Mackay
Replied by David Mackay on topic Re:other members living in France re IB to ESA
Hello everyone. I have just joined B&W today following my receipt of form ESA50 a few days ago.
I do not receive any IB other than having my NI contribution paid for, and of course the all important E121 for 70% healthcare here in France.
I was just wondering how many members have been sent for the medical here in France, simply on the basis of French healthcare/paid NI contributions.
More
12 years 2 months ago #82126 by Gordon
David Mackay wrote:

Hello everyone. I have just joined B&W today following my receipt of form ESA50 a few days ago.
I do not receive any IB other than having my NI contribution paid for, and of course the all important E121 for 70% healthcare here in France.
I was just wondering how many members have been sent for the medical here in France, simply on the basis of French healthcare/paid NI contributions.

As you are new to the forum you might want to review the following FAQ which explains where everything is.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Your forum name appears to be your real name, if want to change this, please follow the instructions in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #83343 by Berlioz
I got a call yesterday afternoon from DWP Newcastle, lady said she was ringing to tell me I didn't need to go for a medical with a French Doctor and I had been put in the Support Group! I don't think I will quite believe it until the letter arrives. :)

I followed the advice guides on this site and also the how to present additional information thread as I had a lot of letters and reports.

Good luck to all you other Frenchies!
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.