× Members

other members living in France re IB to ESA

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #78144 by bro58
Hi all Brit Ex-pats,

I know you may wish to practice your French with each other, :laugh: but it would be much appreciated if any future posts could be totally in English, for obvious reasons. :)

Cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by bro58.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 months ago #78148 by cochondinde
Replied by cochondinde on topic Re:other members living in France re IB to ESA
Thanks Worried. Good Luck to you also. Please let me know how you get on.
  • Landlord
12 years 4 months ago #78149 by Landlord
Replied by Landlord on topic Re:other members living in France re IB to ESA
Sorry bro. :blush:
More
12 years 4 months ago #78199 by Worried
Hi Cochondinde,

No problem, it is a terrible time and if my
information can you that is good. Try not
to feel too stressed.

Landlord,
thanks for your support. I think you realize how important the situation is as the 5 year rule in France will leave us very out in the cold here. A lot of people have been selling up and returning and I think this is benefits related.

Make sure to record or register the Form when sending it back and allow 5 to 7 working days. Post in France is not good.
I rang to see if my form had arrived and it took about 10 days so allow time.

Have a good weekend.

worried
More
12 years 4 months ago #78278 by Berlioz
Hello, I have just re-joined this afternoon as an ESA-N-50 just arrived :-(
I'm 48 and have been on LT ICB since 2004 (fibromyalgia, hypothyroid, depression, chronic pain syndrome, colitis etc etc)I moved to France in 2006 with my husband.
I am busy reading all the guides and trying to get my head around what might apply to me with the new system. I scored 72 on the on-line version of the form on this site.
Please PM/contact me if anyone has survived this process in France and also what happens after the assessment? I don't speak much french, lessons were a dismal failure, I found the fibro-fog, tirdness amd memory issues made it impossible to remember anything.
I really hate having yet another form to fill in, I wasn't due a reassesment for at least 7 months.
More
12 years 4 months ago #78306 by Worried
Hi Berlioz,

I am going through the mill at present as I had my medical before christmas and waiting for the brown envelope with results to come anyday. My best advice is to read all the guides on this website.
You will have to take your ESA50 to be filled in on the back page by your local doctor. I presume your Form is both in French and english. It has been about 6 months since I got my ESA50. It takes longer living here because everything must be translated.
I do not know anyone else that has been through the system here and have not found any information on the Expat websites.
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.