× Members

New PIP self-test

More
12 years 3 months ago #80247 by simon
Replied by simon on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80248 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
simon wrote:

l had an assessment by OT to have a shower

Hi S,

Therefore, the OT must have deemed it necessary that you needed such an adaptation, as an "Aid" to you being able to bathe adequately and safely.

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #80249 by simon
Replied by simon on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Again thankyou

More
12 years 3 months ago #80265 by completeboxset
Replied by completeboxset on topic Re:New PIP self-test
I scored 30 (i think i did it was a few minutes ago and my brain is pretending it belongs to a goldfish today!)

Don't like the wording of the decriptors though - It's as if they've come up with the most user-UNfriendly decriptions they can. Do they hope they'll just confuse a high proportion of people into failing?

More
12 years 3 months ago #80266 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
I would have thought that a cooker is an appliance for cooking. Likewise a spoon is an aid to take nutrition. A food processor assistance to cut up food, a GP assistance to manage health conditions, a shower is an aid to bathe and a toilet is an appliance to manage toilet needs.

I use all of these but I doubt I would score any points. :laugh:

More
12 years 3 months ago #80285 by Blue Peter
Replied by Blue Peter on topic Re:New PIP self-test
If you look at the definitions of terms used, "bathe" includes hands, face, underarms, torso. What about your arms themselves, but particularly, there is no mention of legs and feet and are your privates included in torso?

It seems to me they are talking about a wash at the washbasin and not a bath or shower.

Or have I misunderstood? Are they giving the minimum requirement to be classed as bathing?

Regards
Peter

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.