× Members

New PIP self-test

• pompeyfaith
12 years 3 months ago #80296 by pompeyfaith
Replied by pompeyfaith on topic Re:New PIP self-test
As I posted on FaceBook there needs to be a tweak to Q1 many citizens like myself are disabled both mentally and physically.

This applies to many stroke patients

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80300 by Blue Peter
Replied by Blue Peter on topic Re:New PIP self-test
"Lifestyle" the Motability magazine dropped through the letterbox this morning. In it there is a celebration of the 3,000,000th Motability car where HM The Queen is presenting the keys of seven cars to some of Britain's top Paralympians. This celebration is being made to look a complete farce as under PIP, none of these Paralympians would qualify for the enhanced Mobility rate and would therefore be unable to lease a Motability car. Shock and Awe!
I wonder if Her majesty has realized this!
Regards
Peter

• stuart52
12 years 3 months ago #80304 by stuart52
Replied by stuart52 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Many thanks to site admin for posting the PIP questions, i answered all of them totally honestly and got 10 for daily living and 15 for mobility, thanks to steve for his hard work,
lets hope the DWP and ATOS play by the rules!
stuart

• rowland
12 years 3 months ago #80307 by rowland
Replied by rowland on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Just wondering if the rates of PIP are yet in the public domain.

As I have a variable illness, I wonder if the same assumption is made as previously with ESA/DLA i.e if a condition fluctuates and you cannot consistently do the activities listed in the PIP criteria, it is taken that for those activities that you cannot do them at all. (Its something along those lines).

I have mental health issues, according to the test, if I assume that variable means not being able to, I would score between 14-19 points.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80309 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
rowland wrote:

Just wondering if the rates of PIP are yet in the public domain.

As I have a variable illness, I wonder if the same assumption is made as previously with ESA/DLA i.e if a condition fluctuates and you cannot consistently do the activities listed in the PIP criteria, it is taken that for those activities that you cannot do them at all. (Its something along those lines).

I have mental health issues, according to the test, if I assume that variable means not being able to, I would score between 14-19 points.

Hi R,

As PIP has not even been passed in to law yet, as part of The Wefare Reform Bill, the rates are not yet available.

As soon as they are, we will publish them.

There are regular articles on PIP and The Welfare Reform Bill in our Benefit News Section, accessible from the Green Box on the left, and you can follow the WRB's progress here :

The Welfare Reform Bill 2011

bro58

• samantha
12 years 3 months ago #80310 by samantha
Replied by samantha on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Hi I have just done the test and only scored 10 for mobility now on a good day i can only walk max 20meters using 2 arm crutches otherwise i have to use a motorised scooter or somebody would have to push me as my chronic back problems restrict me from pushing myself,i ticked the box can walk up to 50m aided?? is this the right one for me this is only on a good day which i dont get many of them!!.Why has this become some complicated.:unsure:

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.