× Members

New PIP self-test

More
12 years 3 months ago #80312 by william88
Replied by william88 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
I Tried it
Scored care 18 and 8 mobility
Thanks Steve Will be a very usefull tool.
Misterm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80314 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Hi All,

Thanks for trying out the new test and my sincere apologies for landing the mods with even more posts to deal with.

As regards questions about PIP, we will be publishing a lot more information about PIP over the coming weeks and months.

But if you go to the PIP points system page and scroll down to the definitions near the bottom of the page I think quite a few of your queries about things such as pain and fatigue are already answered there. For example:

Reliably, in a timely fashion, repeatedly and safely
An individual must be able to complete an activity descriptor reliably, in a timely fashion, repeatedly and safely; and where indicated, using aids and appliances or with support from another person (or, for activity 10, a support dog). Otherwise they should be considered unable to complete the activity described at that level.

Reliably means to a reasonable standard.

In a timely fashion means in less than twice the time it would take for an individual without any impairment.

Repeatedly means completed as often during the day as the individual activity requires. Consideration needs to be given to the cumulative effects of symptoms such as pain and fatigue – i.e. whether completing the activity adversely affects the individual’s ability to subsequently complete other activities.

Safely means in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to the individual, either directly or through vulnerability to the actions of others; or to another person.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• joycey
12 years 3 months ago #80320 by joycey
Replied by joycey on topic Re:New PIP self-test
iv only just applied for dla awaiting out come. but with this test got enchanched on both so heres hoping for my dla claim

More
12 years 3 months ago #80348 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:New PIP self-test
bump

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80424 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
PIP Test

More
12 years 3 months ago #80430 by susan5050
Replied by susan5050 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Thank you for this test.

I hope changes/expansions will be made to the motability questions.

The motability award is a concern to me as most importantly it currently prevents me,and others from becoming totally housebound.

As a passing thought however,I would think there will be a knock on effect for the car industry due to a loss of motability customers,and an influx of returned cars! Forgive me for bringing the car industry into this,it's just that I felt like binning my latest copy of the magazine.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.