× Members

New PIP self-test

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80438 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
PIP Test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80472 by ShadowPony
Replied by ShadowPony on topic Re:New PIP self-test
i got standard rate daily living and standard rate mobility for pip, am on mid care dla and high rate mob dla. toatlly blind. but those who use guide dogs are seen as more dependant than those who use canes at the moment? a dog is a direct replacement for a cane, so where they got that from in relation to guide dogs i don't know. blind people who use dogs get more help than they who use canes, but a dog user has to know how to use a cane before tthey can train to use a dog.

• bari264
12 years 3 months ago #80480 by bari264
Replied by bari264 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Hi,
Just had a look at the PIP test. I think most current High Mob DLA claimants will not receive enough points.
Unless I have missed something there is nothing that provides points for supervision for safety -merely monitoring health condition -eg to monitor blood sugar for diabetes etc but what about someone who might leave the gas on?
Coping with periods no longer seems to be available, unless that comes under grooming? (A recent client has very heavy periods and soils herself- would this come under 'toilet needs'?
What about checking mail etc of the many anxious people who can not do this themselves!
What about general motivation that many people with mental health problems need throughout the day just to get up and about.
What about help in moving around at home/getting up the stairs etc

I think we are going to need to be somewhat creative in our interpretation of such things. Will DWP accept these arguments I wonder! :laugh:
Bari 264

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80494 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
PIP Test.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80500 by kefkat
Replied by kefkat on topic Re:New PIP self-test
According to this test both myself and husband will be in the enhanced payment section for mobility

More
12 years 3 months ago #80501 by kefkat
Replied by kefkat on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Oh and forgot to add in the enhanced rate for care for us both too

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.