× Members

New PIP self-test

• kathy1
12 years 3 months ago #80512 by kathy1
Replied by kathy1 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Hi Steve,

Test awarded 11 for care (standard) and 15 for mobility (higher).
Kathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80524 by Ang
Replied by Ang on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Hi
I currently get high rate mobility. I had to change my car to one with a higher seat etc as I was unable to sit in a lower car seat. My car enables me to stay in full tie employment, although I work from home a lot, and it also enables me to get out once a week. I am unable to travel by bus as the seats are too low or in most taxis for this reason. I am not on any other benefits. according to PIP test I get 10 points. If I lose my car I can not afford to replace it and will therefore be unable to go out at all or get to work. Surely £49 per week mobility is better than me having to be unemployed claiming everything. Also some months I pay £1200 in tax NI and student loan.
I have asked Motability if I can pay them the £49 myself and they said no I would have to be on higher rate. Surely this government wants people like me to stay independent and in work. DLA used to be about people being able to keep independence and be in society, Surely someone has worked out that by saving £49 per week in HRM they will lose a lot by unabling working disabled people to get there.
This is stupidity

More
12 years 3 months ago #80544 by sfros46
Replied by sfros46 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
I'll be in a similar situation, I would like to try and return to work if possible, at present I am on DLA HR Mobility & LR Care, I need my car because I cannot use public transport due to my MS, under PIP as it stands I won't qualify for anything.I also stand to lose my ESA when they bring in the means tested 12 month ruling.
It's already having a negative effect on my health and I can only see things getting worse.PIP doesn't seem to take into account fluctuating conditions such as mine.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80548 by Ang
Replied by Ang on topic Re:New PIP self-test
So if you are on HRM and it changes to PIP. Is PIP means tested so that if you work you cant be in the motability scheme anyway

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80549 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Ang wrote:

So if you are on HRM and it changes to PIP. Is PIP means tested so that if you work you cant be in the motability scheme anyway

There are no current plans to means test PIP.

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #80551 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re:New PIP self-test
i did the test and i am not sure yet as the dwp can mark what they want to not what i/we think i should get. PIP says i would get 15 point for mobility and 25 points for daily living but again its up to dwp. they should call daily living, daily existence.

I have come to notice and so has my daughter thant there is NOTHING if you need help during the night for whatever reason say getting in/out of bed, needing the loo,supervision,oxygen. the list goes on also what about supervision during the day if you have balance promblems like so many people do and if you have neurological probelms . also the cooking question is silly and you cant live of processed food. the medication question seems silly too as how can you say how many hours you need help with medication if you take alot of medication etc or if your diabetic and need help with foot care.

they have not taken anything into account at all and government looks like they dont care as they wont ever need to be in our situation and if atos are doing the medicals we all know they put what they want.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.