× Members

New PIP self-test

More
12 years 3 months ago #80555 by sfros46
Replied by sfros46 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
As it stands you can have a motability car even if you work as long as you are on the high rate dla mobility component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80558 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:New PIP self-test
bro58 wrote:

Ang wrote:

So if you are on HRM and it changes to PIP. Is PIP means tested so that if you work you cant be in the motability scheme anyway

There are no current plans to means test PIP.

bro58

Yet.....

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #80560 by simon
Replied by simon on topic Re:New PIP self-test
As far as l can see you get support for taking meds but no support as another post points out on safety and self harm? So unless its changed you will have help with meds but you may have burned down the house :laugh:

More
12 years 3 months ago #80567 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Re: New PIP self-test
Thanks for posting this. I score highly in the first section but am at a loss to know what to put in the mobility section re-walking. I cannot walk without holding onto another person because my pain and instability make it hard to walk without this help. I also suffer from panic attacks outside, so need someone with me. I am unable to use a stick as I have nerve damage in my hands and my grip and the pain make that difficult. I could not propel myself in a wheelchair and I cannot expect my 77 year old mother with heart and lung problems to push me. Any advice as to what I should tick?

More
12 years 3 months ago #80578 by Natty68
Replied by Natty68 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
I did the self test yesterday, with the help of my DH who could give a more accurate picture of me. And to say I was surprised was an understatement.. I actually qualified for more than I am getting now - I am on LRM/LRC. According to the PIP self test I scored 24 points for care which would enable me to get the enhanced rate, and 8 points for mobile which enabled me to get standard rate.

I was very surprised at this result, because if they do go this way and the results are looked at objectively then I may actually be better off on PIP. Wow I never thought I would say that..

Or the other thing is I have actually deteriated since my last application which is more likely the cause.

• ladymadonna
12 years 3 months ago #80600 by ladymadonna
Replied by ladymadonna on topic Re:New PIP self-test
In reply to Natty68 and others,

I think everyone doing the self PIP test should be OVER CAUTIOUS when assessing themselves as you can bet that the person doing your medical for DLA will be looking for anything that can mark you down in cetain areas in order to meet the 20% target of removing people from DLA-PIP.

I answered the questions very cautiously especially when one or 2 answers could be viewed differently.

This way also, I am not setting myself up for complete disappointment when it is my turn for the medical and awaiting the result.

AS PIP is still underwraps as such, and the final questions and points awarded are not yet set in stone, I think a very cautious approach and open mind are needed.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.