× Members

New PIP self-test

More
12 years 3 months ago #80220 by Chris_63
Replied by Chris_63 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
This is a great tool - however I would take issue with the term AIDS to refer to HIV Infection. AIDS is a very out of date term to describe HIV, and most consultants in the UK refer to "advanced HIV infection" rather than AIDS.

Terminology is important when dealing with HIV, so perhaps you would consider changing AIDS to HIV Infection

Other than that great resource and useful info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80221 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Chris_63 wrote:

This is a great tool - however I would take issue with the term AIDS to refer to HIV Infection. AIDS is a very out of date term to describe HIV, and most consultants in the UK refer to "advanced HIV infection" rather than AIDS.

Terminology is important when dealing with HIV, so perhaps you would consider changing AIDS to HIV Infection

Other than that great resource and useful info

Hi C63,

Can you clarify were the term "AIDS" is used rather than HIV?

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #80230 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:New PIP self-test
I wonder if Chris_63 is refering to 'aids' meaning 'appliance', such as glasses of contact lenses to aid sight?

More
12 years 3 months ago #80231 by Chris_63
Replied by Chris_63 on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Hi there

It appears in the DLA to PIP Survey results under the physical conditions listing.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80232 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Chris_63 wrote:

Hi there

It appears in the DLA to PIP Survey results under the physical conditions listing.

Sorry :) but you are going to have to help us a bit more.

I've searched the original web form, the results form and the email and cannot find a reference to Aids.

Can you cut a paste the sentence into a reply as it may be dependant on what choices you make in the survey, if you are happy to include these as well it might help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #80233 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:New PIP self-test
Chris_63

Don't worry I have found it.

You're referring to the survey not the online test that this thread relates to.

I will pass your comments onto the site owner.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.