× Members

Proof of Identity

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #93588 by Finni
Replied by Finni on topic Re:Proof of Identity
madcatwoman wrote:

I don't drive and never have and have not had a passport for over 20 years and when I did I had a 1 year one (remember those). You could get a bank statement, a utility bill or a curetn bank statement are usually acceptable, if you bank online like I do, you could request a bank statement from your branch as a one off. A letter from the DWP regarding your benefits, if any, could be acceptable.

I think they need a photo ID to make sure there is no impersonation going on, so a bank statement is not really enough. However they probably would accept that sort of thing if the document didn't look as if it had been found in a dustbin!

I tend to think a more persuasive document (that doesn't have a photo) is a birth certificate. Carruthers mentions a wait of 3 to 4 weeks but my registry office provided my birth certificate within a week.

-Finni
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected quote

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #93608 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Re:Proof of Identity
Hi,

I did,nt take a passport or driving licence to my assessment so i was asked for two lots of proof of ID, the appointment letter was,nt any good, as luck had it i did take a utility bill and i,d got my bank card with me, i,m assuming its two lots of ID if you don,t take photo ID. hope that helps, as i don,t think a BC alone will be enough proof for the Atos receptionist, whom i must add was very rude to everyone that came in while i was there.

Chrissy V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.