× Members

IB-IS loss of benefit for not attending medical

More
10 years 5 months ago #114608 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic IB-IS loss of benefit for not attending medical
Its a toss up between re-applying and appealing as Gordon says re-applying may take just as long as appealing (which will take at least 6 months) given the delays in the system. Sorry we can't give you better news but at least you are informed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pauline edna
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago #115835 by pauline edna
Replied by pauline edna on topic IB-IS loss of benefit for not attending medical
as promised i would keep every one informed as my total cock up of haveing my benefit stoped as i did not attend medical ,well first my appeal is under way allthough as yet i have no date.my new claim for esa is takeing forever and ever . i was gob smacked when yesterday i had the stupid form from atos again which i now have to fill in again so they can give me a face to face with them again .i feel like giveing up as it goes round and round i feel like the merry go round is not letting me of .my money was stoped on 12/11/13 so i am now at my wits end as i have no savings so my son and daughter are helping me out as much as they can, which is disgusting as disabled should not have to sink so low, as to have to beg, this goverment is a dispicable piece of filth as we disabled feel worthless with haveing to make a claim as it is . i find it hard to take on board that britain is letting this happen to there own. i thought that as being british and haveing worked up untill i was diagnosed with m.e. and would have carried on working till retirement ,that to be treted in such a way makes me feel on one hand i would like to fight to the end to get my monies back but on the other hand i just want to give up.when i try to get any help from dwp they just say this is how it now works how the hell can these men be running our lives and leaving us with out any finances so we are left to starve no wonder the suicide rate is up .some disabled people who are friends of my son have taken the goverment to court for pain and suffering over all this and have won .i cannot find any info for this .but surely this would have to go under human rights as every human being has a right to food , and funds if you cannot work due to illness

More
10 years 4 months ago #115845 by Gordon
Pauline

I have merged your latest post with your proceeding ones so that everything is in one place.

I am afraid that both the DWP and ATOS will follow the process for a new claim in its entirety, your previous claim will not be taken into account.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pauline edna
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago #115854 by pauline edna
Replied by pauline edna on topic IB-IS loss of benefit for not attending medical
thank you Gordon i dont no if this will make any sence to you in my appeal papers i have looked at some of them and it seems that some of the information is wrong .they have ststed that one of the reasons i did not go for my medical is because i was waiting tests to confirm my illness and it was to see if i had any thing more running along side the m.e. not to confirm this as it was confirmed in 2000 .there is also some more points that are wrong .is there any thing i can do to get this put right .i can only deal with the things in my own time not all at once as i lose concontration and get very confused then my mind goes on shut down

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115856 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic IB-IS loss of benefit for not attending medical
I am a little confused. You say in your previous post that you have filled in a new claim but now that you are appealing. I believe if you have made a new claim you will not be able to persue the old one and this is why Gordon says;

"I am afraid that both the DWP and ATOS will follow the process for a new claim in its entirety, your previous claim will not be taken into account."
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Puccalove.

• pauline edna
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago #115859 by pauline edna
sorry when my money was stoped for not attending my medical i rang dwp and they said appeal and get a new claim started which is what i have done to date i have my appeal papers arrived plus i have now got my form from atos to fill in and return are you saying that i have to stop 1 as i to am very confused no one at dwp said i had to do one or the other i thought that was the correct thing to be doing on the information from dwp help have i got it round my neck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.