× Members

Pip start

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128342 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic Pip start
An update.

Got my appointment through this morning for my assessment for PIP, how stupid are they? They have made it for a centre 20 miles away but there is one 7 miles away? So I rang them and hey presto, I can have one at the centre 7 miles away for the 3 March, the one 20 miles away was for the 25 February, only 6 days between so why couldn't they have given me the later one, it's only 6 days. But no I have to cancel one (so I have used up my cancellation) to get the one where I should have been given! There is no parking for the first one, it's in the middle of a large town and I need a wheel chair, the other has plenty of parking and is wheelchair friendly!

Do they do this on purpose, so we can't cancel again, or is it just to annoy us and hope we go away?

Rant over, sorry.

Mags
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128344 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip start

Mags wrote: An update.

Got my appointment through this morning for my assessment for PIP, how stupid are they? They have made it for a centre 20 miles away but there is one 7 miles away? So I rang them and hey presto, I can have one at the centre 7 miles away for the 3 March, the one 20 miles away was for the 25 February, only 6 days between so why couldn't they have given me the later one, it's only 6 days. But no I have to cancel one (so I have used up my cancellation) to get the one where I should have been given! There is no parking for the first one, it's in the middle of a large town and I need a wheel chair, the other has plenty of parking and is wheelchair friendly!

Do they do this on purpose, so we can't cancel again, or is it just to annoy us and hope we go away?

Rant over, sorry.

Mags

Hi M,

I can't state categorically that "they do this on purpose".

However, it is a definite that your mode of travel to and from an Assessment Centre, taking into account parking restrictions, any walking involved, the use of public transport and all actions involved with that, etc, etc, will be taken into account and weighed up against your stated limitations.

In a nutshell, your travel to and from an Assessment Centre is used as part of the actual assessment.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 3 months ago #128349 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip start
Either they do it on purpose or it's grade A incompetence. I'm not sure which I would prefer! :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129965 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic Pip start update
My OT has done a brilliant letter for me so I am sending this off with a letter from the pain clinic and hopefully they will use it. When I spoke to the pip helpline regarding sending this she called it physical evidence!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129967 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip start update

Mags wrote: My OT has done a brilliant letter for me so I am sending this off with a letter from the pain clinic and hopefully they will use it. When I spoke to the pip helpline regarding sending this she called it physical evidence!

Good news M !!

Remember, send copies, keep originals ! :)

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #130637 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic Pip start update - assessment
Had my assessement today and have to say the lady HP was very nice, very quiet spoken and I found it hard at times to understand what she was saying, but there again could have been brain fog too! Lasted about an hour.

It was totally not what I expected. I arrived in my wheelchair and she said I could stay in this if I wished, she was not going to ask me to get out of it. Asked a few questions about how I manage through the day regarding, bathing, dressing, cooking etc. She never asked how far I could walk or whether it was painful, said that they had enough information from various people and from my doctor but just wanted to know if my condition had changed. Asked if my wheelchair was through my doctor and did I have a blue badge, which I replied yes, but the blue badge was in the car as we were parked in a disabled bay, and she said good.

She said it will be a few weeks before I hear so will just have to sit tight, :laugh: at least thats over with. Gave me a form to reclaim fuel, but dont think I will bother as it wasnt far.

Good luck to everyone,
Mags
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.