× Members

PIP Question

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123376 by Lund
PIP Question was created by Lund
Great site and a wealth of info here, glad to be part of it.

Currently on ESA Support Group and DLA.
I am 63.

If my PIP Claim fails, and I appeal, does my DLA stop while I await my PIP Appeal decision??

Or do I stay on DLA until PIP Appeal decision??

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123378 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Question
Hi and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to benefits and work

It appears that your real name might be visible. If you wish to change your username, in order to maintain a degree of anonymity, you can do it easily by following the advice in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Your DLA will remain in payment until 4 weeks after the PIP decision is made, whatever the decision is.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lund

More
9 years 9 months ago #123381 by Lund
Replied by Lund on topic PIP Question
Thank you.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123382 by Lund
Replied by Lund on topic PIP Question
One point members should be aware....my NHS GP did NOT include my visits to private consultants for another medical condition ( that would have helped my claim)...OR mentioned the private consultant reports in his ESA ATOS report.

He said private reports paid by me had nothing to do with him, even though he had a copy !!

I found this most annoying.

Always mention on ESA claims that you are submitting private medical reports otherwise your NHS GP will never mention it to ATOS. It could mean a difference between pass orfailure.

If Mods agree, I can send a copy of my NHS GP to ATOS form, with all answers blanked out, it will give members an idea what to expect, though i cannot send it before next week.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #123383 by lmjones
Replied by lmjones on topic PIP Question
Sorry to intrude on this question are you saying DLA will continue whilst you appeal or will the PIP payment commence during the appeal or will all payments stop until after appeal? This isn't clear on any of the information I have read to date . Regards
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
9 years 9 months ago #123384 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Question

lmj63 wrote: Sorry to intrude on this question are you saying DLA will continue whilst you appeal or will the PIP payment commence during the appeal or will all payments stop until after appeal? This isn't clear on any of the information I have read to date . Regards

DLA payment will stop 4 weeks after the PIP decision, whatever that is. PIP will not be paid if the decision was made to refuse the claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.