× Members

ESA Contribution based

More
9 years 2 months ago #129651 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Contribution based
A's Dad

There are two possibilities, there has been a processing error, perhaps something was not ticked off that had to be to allow payment, or and we have seen this happen before, they have incorrectly moved her claim to all ESA(IR) rather than ESA(CB) with an ESA(IR) top-up.

I'm afraid you will need to contact them to find out what is happening.

If the former then it may only take a few hours to fix and an emergency payment can be made the same or next day. If the latter, then it will likely take longer as you may get in to a discussion (argument!) about whether they can do this or not, just to be clear they can!!!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129673 by philologus
Replied by philologus on topic ESA Contribution based
Thank you Gordon. Contact with the DWP is never straightforward is it? The problem I have now is that my daughter is 100 miles away and finds it difficult to cope with things like this, and it looks as though it is only going to get worse in the near future as more draconian cuts are introduced along with all the additional hoops, hurdles and other obstacles that they can come up with. I think I'll have to get her to sign a letter authorising me to act for her. What she will do when I'm no longer around I do not know. (I'm 70)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129682 by philologus
I rang them and they (finally) accepted that I had "implied consent" to speak for my daughter. The ESA payment has been suspended because they say that they need details of her partner's earnings/hours etc. I wonder why they have just stopped the payment without letting her know what's happening? GRRRR!

Am I right in saying that her ESA (CR)eligibility has nothing to do with her partner's earnings etc? I have a feeling that you may be right about them making it an Income related claim as this would bring her boyfriend's income into the equation.

Do I just go along with them and get her to send the details in or do I argue?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

9 years 2 months ago #129684 by
Replied by on topic ESA Contribution based

A's Dad wrote: I rang them and they (finally) accepted that I had "implied consent" to speak for my daughter. The ESA payment has been suspended because they say that they need details of her partner's earnings/hours etc. I wonder why they have just stopped the payment without letting her know what's happening? GRRRR!

Am I right in saying that her ESA (CR)eligibility has nothing to do with her partner's earnings etc? I have a feeling that you may be right about them making it an Income related claim as this would bring her boyfriend's income into the equation.

Do I just go along with them and get her to send the details in or do I argue?

Hi A'D,

They do tend to stop payments first and ask questions after !! :angry:

You can be assured that your daughter's Contribution Based (CB) ESA entitlement should not be affected by her boyfriend's income.

Nor is it affected by any capital, assets, savings or any other household income.

The only exception to this is with receipt of an Occupational/Works Pension.

Deductions can be made from CB ESA payments if the "Pension" exceeds £85/Week.

I gather that this is not applicable to your daughter.

It may be easier to provide all details, as failing to provide information when requested by The DWP can result in payments being suspended.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago #129729 by philologus
After another call they now agree that her claim is Contribution related + top-up and have suggested that the quickest way to get her ESA reinstated will be to send her a "Change of circumstances" form.
The wheels grind slow.....

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132026 by philologus
After a little bit of to-ing and fro-ing they have come up trumps!
My daughter has now had her ESA reinstated as being a contribution based claim.
She has had her back -payment for this and also a further payment of back-money for her claim back to when she was switched from IB to ESA.

Summary:
She now gets ESA as before and has received about £1700 in back payments.

We would not have even known that this should have been paid without your help Gordon, so "Thank You!"

She'll be switched from DLA to PIP later this year so, in those famous words from Arnie, "I'll be back!"
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.