× Members

ESA CB

More
9 years 4 months ago #127418 by sheeps68
Replied by sheeps68 on topic ESA CB
At present I wouldn't get any disability premium then, as still getting some pay from work for another 4 months & if work gets act together I will eventually get a ill health retirement pension. It's just me so no partner to consider.

Strangely I had expected it to be 13 weeks regardless. Would love to understand why they think the first 13 weeks you need less money to live on. We will never understand that will we.

Had read about the IR rules but got very confused.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127948 by sheeps68
So on Saturday I have a letter asking me to go in for an interview with advisor to look at how I can be supported back into paid work. What planet are they on?

I still have a job - just on long term sick so needed to claim for my NI to be paid. All my forms have stated that! Yes I'm in the process of hopefully getting paid employment. I rang them up saying I was confused by this. Not saying I wasn't going but did ask for the reasonable adjustments I have at work e.g. close parking & simple safety measures.

They rang me back. No I did not need to go in as still in assessment phase. I told them I had had a call to ATOS mid December to check they had received a letter i had sent signed for, at which point ATOS told me they had returned my details to DWP as did not need to see me as I had submitted enough information. Job Centre looked at records and said no decisions on computer regarding which group I was in etc.

Do I need to chase DWP regarding the ATOS information they shared with me?
Is it reasonable to make the reasonable adjustments that work made for me so as to be safe and have access.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127951 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA CB
sheeps68

You were invited to attend a Work Focussed Interview, depending on which group you are placed in you may be required to attend more of these and to perform Work Related Activity.

The DWP and it's contractors are bound by the Disability Act in the same way as your employer and must make reasonable adjustments in regard to your limitations, but these may not be the same as your employer provides.

Given that it is nearly 4 weeks since ATOS informed you that they had returned your file to the DWP, it would be worth your chasing them for an update. the phone number should be on any of the letters that you have received from them, but not the letter informing you of the interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128354 by sheeps68
:)

thank you.

I have the Hat Trick.

Work has granted me ill health retirement at top level.

DLA change of circumstance has been awarded to middle rate care and kept high mobility for an indefinite period.

ESA support group has been awarded without a medical 7 weeks from the start of my claim.

Huge relief all round so thank you for the great guides which certainly helped me to ensure I put all the issues into my forms and I suspect therefore the awards being granted so quickly with the least stress possible.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128358 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA CB
Sheeps

Congratulations on the three awards, shame you weren't able to run an accumulator :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128360 by
Replied by on topic ESA CB

sheeps68 wrote: :)

thank you.

I have the Hat Trick.

Work has granted me ill health retirement at top level.

DLA change of circumstance has been awarded to middle rate care and kept high mobility for an indefinite period.

ESA support group has been awarded without a medical 7 weeks from the start of my claim.

Huge relief all round so thank you for the great guides which certainly helped me to ensure I put all the issues into my forms and I suspect therefore the awards being granted so quickly with the least stress possible.

That's really good news s68 !!! :cheer:

Thanks for the update, and for your comments regarding B&W and our guides ! :)

With respect to your ESA SG Award, for information on how to obtain confirmation of the recommended length of the SG award, and other documentation that you may wish to request, which may help when your next ESA reassessment comes around, see : This Post.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.