× Members

ESA and UC

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128462 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA and UC

Charlie123 wrote: Thanks. :)

As somebody whom has a very keen interest in law such does not bore me but provides hours of reading! lol. Just these days have to make sure it does not impede my uni work!

In that case C123,

You may wish to peruse : The UC Thread on rightsnet. :)

&

ESA Regs 2013 (UC)

For clarification to other viewing members, these Regulations are NOT in force for current ESA Recipients, and will only be applicable if/when they are transferred over to UC from IR ESA.

Claimants in receipt of CB ESA only will remain in receipt of CB ESA, however it will then be known as "New ESA" !!! :laugh:

UC aka IDS's Folly :laugh:

Cheers

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #128464 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic ESA and UC

Charlie123 wrote: Thanks.

Rather strange disabled workers having to pass the WCA. Suppose it will save money never mind about folk probably being in a position of it being pointless going to work!

Has UC to adopt a new WCA or are they using exactly the same one as ESA? As I fail to see how somebody working could pass the ESA WCA. Either you can't work due or skimming the water that one day soon you could be working. So fail to see between the lines....

Yes, this is the real question isn't it? I mean you couldn't use the same as the one for ESA surely?
More
9 years 3 months ago #128466 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic ESA and UC

Thinking of taking up the Social Security legislation element of my degree should I be able to have it as an elective! ;)
More
9 years 3 months ago #128472 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and UC

Just Me wrote: Yes, this is the real question isn't it? I mean you couldn't use the same as the one for ESA surely?

At the moment they are the same, however, there are differences in the Regulations that operate ESA under UC and the current system.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128477 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic ESA and UC
Have we any idea what those differences are?

I mean it's so hard to pass an ESA medical these days and have to be incapable of work, so how can those regs be applied to someone say, trying to work 16 hours a week and yet still be ill enough in their eyes to pass the WCA?

I'm totally confused. :unsure:
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.
  • bro58
9 years 3 months ago #128479 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA and UC

Just Me wrote: Have we any idea what those differences are?

I mean it's so hard to pass an ESA medical these days and have to be incapable of work, so how can those regs be applied to someone say, trying to work 16 hours a week and yet still be ill enough in their eyes to pass the WCA?

I'm totally confused. :unsure:

Hi JM,

I can only repeat what I have already stated, I wouldn't worry, it may be several years before IR ESA claimants are transferred over to UC, if at all !! :)

It is therefore pretty pointless discussing UC Regulations at this time !!

If/when the time comes, you can be assured that our ESA Claims Guides and advice will be updated accordingly.

Cheers :)

bro58
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.