× Members

Letter from DWP in regards to ESA.

• Mike
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #128913 by Mike
Hello so about a week or two ago I made a claim for ESA, I have just received a letter in the post which also included my medical note. The letter is as follows:

Dear Mr McGuire

We have received the enclosed document, but you do not have a current claim for Employment Support allowance. We cannot retain personal information if we do not have a claim or a record of a claim being made.

I really don't understand this, I sent a fully completed ESA form with the medical note and they sent the medical note back so they obviously received my ESA form. What is this about and what should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #128919 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Letter from DWP in regards to ESA.
Mike

All I can suggest is that you contact the DWP about the matter.

I assume by form you mean an ESA1 and not an ESA50?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mike
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #128956 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Letter from DWP in regards to ESA.
I have just realised it was an ESA50 form I sent. How stupid of me! Is this the reason they said I haven't made a claim for ESA. It is odd that they didn't explain this instead of acting as if they didn't receive anything.

Thank you Gordon for your help.

More
9 years 2 months ago #128960 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Letter from DWP in regards to ESA.

Mike wrote: I have just realised it was an ESA50 form I sent. How stupid of me! Is this the reason they said I haven't made a claim for ESA. It is odd that they didn't explain this instead of acting as if they didn't receive anything.

Thank you Gordon for your help.

It's probably a standard letter, the DWP are not known for their communication skills.

You need to complete an ESA1, you can download a copy from Gov UK or you can phone the DWP and they will complete one with you over the phone, you will still need to send the Fit Note in. You should still be able to start the claim from the original date.

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...65728/esa1-print.pdf

www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/how-to-claim

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mike
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #128962 by Mike
Thanks alot for your help. Once I complete the ESA1 form what is the process following this and how long am I likely to be waiting. From filling in the ESA50 form I am expecting to be placed in the support group.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• Mike
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #128963 by Mike
Also I am studying part time at an open university which is a home based university and doesn't involve actually attending a university, would this affect the claim?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.