× Members

ESA Appeal Submissions

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132520 by traybell
Replied by traybell on topic ESA Appeal Submissions
Now in need of advice regarding reclaiming ESA at assessment rate pending appeal.
Had to claim JSA during MR.
Lodged appeal on 19 febuary and stated on form i wanted to claim ESA also sent with form a med3 valid until 14 april.
Sent separate formal letter requesting ESA with copy of Tribunal acknowledgement and med3 on 12 march.Sent it recorded delivery to Wolverhampton address of my esa MR notice.Have not heard anything back,so still having to sign on.What is the right address to send request to ,my DR has given me another med3 to cover me fof the next 3months.I am reluctant to ring them due to anxiety and had such a bad exeperience with DMs phone call.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132532 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appeal Submissions
traybell

From what I can see you have done everything correctly, the DWP should action the request to put you back on ESA as soon as they receive acknowledgement of the appeal from the Tribunal Service. It can take 10 working days for post to make it through their internal mail system but that would seem to have passed by now.

I am afraid that the only way for you to progress this is for you to contact the DWP to find out what is going on, you can write but this will not lead to a speedy response, if you cannot phone them yourself then someone can ring on your behalf, however, you will need to be present to answer the security questions and to authorise the DWP to speak to this person. The DWP offices will be closed on Friday and Monday for Easter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132546 by traybell
I was afraid i would have to phone.
Which is the right number to ring, and which option do i pick from the menu,is it esa new claim or existing cliaims or jsa?

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132549 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Appeal Submissions
Ring 0843 515 9427

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: traybell

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #132866 by traybell
Still having problems transfering from JSA back to ESA assesmnt rate.
Rang on tues 7th was told it was on the system and would get payment of ESA on the 9th
Still had no written confirmation from them.I checked my bank today and a payment has been made but it is JSA not ESA .I should have signed on mon 6th but didnt have to as bank holiday.My next signing day is 20th april ,THIS IS THE SAME DAY AS MY TRIBUNAL HEARING !
So am desperate to get ESA back before then.I have written again and sent new fit note,it was received and signed for at Wolverhampton on wed 8th.I am at a loss as to what to do next.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #132883 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Appeal Submissions

traybell wrote: Still having problems transfering from JSA back to ESA assesmnt rate.
Rang on tues 7th was told it was on the system and would get payment of ESA on the 9th
Still had no written confirmation from them.I checked my bank today and a payment has been made but it is JSA not ESA .I should have signed on mon 6th but didnt have to as bank holiday.My next signing day is 20th april ,THIS IS THE SAME DAY AS MY TRIBUNAL HEARING !
So am desperate to get ESA back before then.I have written again and sent new fit note,it was received and signed for at Wolverhampton on wed 8th.I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Hi tb,

I am sorry to hear that you are still suffering problems in going back to ESA assessment rate.

Just because your payments into the bank still say : "your NI Number DWP JSA (BGC)" does not necessarily mean that you have not be changed over to ESA which is usually denoted by "your NI Number DWP EESA".

ESA payment systems are "piggybacked" onto the JSA payment system, therefore sometimes a first payment of ESA may be denoted as "JSA" (as above)

I have also seen it denoted as JSA when an ESA payment has not been paid for some reason, where the first reinstated ESA payment will be denoted as JSA before reverting back to "EESA" with further payments after that.

However, it could just be that your ESA payments have not been authorised yet.

I would advise that you ring ESA :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

If the Call Responder cannot confirm that your ESA payments have been executed, request an escalation to a Supervisor/Manager.

This will involve a call back, so if you do this today, you may not receive the call back until Monday.

If you don't receive the call back today, you could ring first thing Monday to check that you are still down for a call back.

Make a note of the date and time of the calls and the names of anyone that you speak to.

You could even covertly record the calls if you have the facility to do so.

I would also advise that you contact JSA, noting date, times names etc, as above.

Inform them of the situation, and that even though you should not have to sign on as normal on 20/04/15 as you should be receiving ESA, you would not be able to do so anyway, as you will be attending your Tribunal Hearing.

Again, record this if you can.

I would then write a letter to The JCP (JSA) reiterating what you have told them over the phone.

e.g. With regards to my telephone conversation with xxxxxx of xxxxx Department at xx AM/PM on date as applicable, I am writing to inform you, etc etc, etc.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

I know this might seem to be a bit of an rigmarole, but if you are still being paid JSA, the last this that you want is to be Sanctioned for not signing on as you are at your Tribunal Hearing.

Of course, if you can get this sorted with ESA, there may be no need to contact JSA.

If you do get this sorted with ESA, request written confirmation.

Please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.