× Members

mandatory reconsideration

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #137415 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic mandatory reconsideration

kim wrote: thank you once again for your reply I understand what you are saying but because of my mental health problems I know I would not be able to go to a hearing because when I get really anxious I suffer with panic attacks and that's if I could leave my home to go and everything ive read regarding the appeals it says oral hearings are not successful so I just feel what is the point of going through all that :(

Hi k,

It is "paper hearings" where you do not attend that are less successful than "oral hearings" where you do attend.

If you can obtain a letter of support from your G.P. or other treating HCP stating that you cannot attend a Tribunal Hearing, there is the option of a Tribunal Domiciliary (Home) Hearing.

I believe that they have also started carrying out Tribunal Hearings via Skype in some areas.

Even if you appeal and opt for a paper hearing, this is better than not appealing at all.

Remember, once you start the appeals process, you can withdraw your appeal at any time right up to the date of the hearing itself.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137807 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic mandatory reconsideration
after the letter from the 2nd MR where I was awarded the 4points I requested a call back I received the call this afternoon I asked him why I was awarded the 4 points and why he did not reconsider any of the other descriptors he said that whilst he believes the extra medical evidence I sent from rheumatologist [osteo arthritis] and the letter from the mental health team he was not convinced I would suffer the lower limb pain that I said I suffer from ;) and there fore I have no difficulty with walking then when I said what about the points I raised about the capita report ie the assessor not seeing me walk he said well you told the assessor you didn't have any problems walking [more lies] then he said they get payed to carry out the medical and basically said that what they put in their report is the truth and said the decision will not be changed so just go for an appeal and was actually quite rude in his manner :( what chance to do stand when you are faced with this

More
8 years 9 months ago #137818 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic mandatory reconsideration
Kim

An appeal panel will look at your claim from scratch including any additional information that you might supply, The Tribunal Service is part of HM Courts & Tribunals and is independent of the DWP.

However we do understand how stressful an appeal is and if you feel that you are not up to it then that is perfectly OK, at the end of the day you have to put your own health and well being first.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137822 by denby
Replied by denby on topic mandatory reconsideration
Dear Kim, how I sympathise with you!!! I hope it eases the mental pain to know you are not alone in being treated like this. Our daughter wrote on 30th Nov 2014 requesting an MR of her decision of 7th Nov, which they sent to her old address despite even being told by the MP's office. That did get forwarded. We wrote the letter carefully according to experienced advice asking for the medical report and for the MR but asking them not to take any action on the MR until we had submitted further evidence. Also reminding them about the correct address [she'd moved in May and told them straight away!]
Well into the new year I phoned them having had to deal with other stuff-my Mum died a week before daughter's assessment. Then they told me they had done the MR and sent it to the old address again [it was not forwarded]. They then craftily sent out a photocopy with no new date on it by which we can prove when she actually got it-and we had to totally bust a gut to get an appeal in within one month of it because our MP refused to insist they did a new MR.
However the appeal has been accepted despite being theoretically out of time and we are now working on the DWP copy response pack. Interestingly they are missing key pages of copy forms and didn't send her advocate a copy, fancy!
The lesson of all this for anyone else reading is two things. Firstly ALWAYS audio tape your assessments, [we have two occasions, 1 Nottingham, 1 MK, where two separate cassette recorders HAVE been used despite what it says on the website], so you can PROVE they LIED as they did in our daughter's and our friend's.
Secondly TRY to avoid phone calls as much as possible.
Very much love and good wishes to you and your family
Dee

More
8 years 9 months ago #137823 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic mandatory reconsideration
thank you just another query sorry forgot to put it in previous post he also said to get the 12points the person would have to be unable to go out at all and prove it but reading the information on here about the descriptors it says that if you score points for planning and following a journey and then score other points they can be added together or have I read it wrong ;)

More
8 years 9 months ago #137852 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic mandatory reconsideration

kim wrote: thank you just another query sorry forgot to put it in previous post he also said to get the 12points the person would have to be unable to go out at all and prove it but reading the information on here about the descriptors it says that if you score points for planning and following a journey and then score other points they can be added together or have I read it wrong ;)

There are two Mobility Descriptors and the points for both go towards an award, but this is a matter you would need to raise with a Tribunal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sully32

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.