× Members

Atos medical despite serious mental/physical ill

More
8 years 3 months ago #148160 by Cat
Could I ask if the form they're sent is just a list of tick boxes, or do they have a section where they can write freely? I have an appointment with a second GP (the one I'd asked the dwp to contact) just after seeing the unsupportive one, but didn't know I could ask for a letter from her. Surely she won't do that, with the other one being the clinical director?

About the dwp not contacting the gp I stated, I reference that in the mandatory reconsideration letter?

My problem is that they aren't reading my medical records at all, and the dwp aren't reading what I'm writing, or noticing how I'm obviously ill, either. What backup do I have? It can't just be left at a gp being blatantly untruthful and unfair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148166 by Gordon

Cat wrote: Could I ask if the form they're sent is just a list of tick boxes, or do they have a section where they can write freely? I have an appointment with a second GP (the one I'd asked the dwp to contact) just after seeing the unsupportive one, but didn't know I could ask for a letter from her. Surely she won't do that, with the other one being the clinical director?

About the dwp not contacting the gp I stated, I reference that in the mandatory reconsideration letter?

My problem is that they aren't reading my medical records at all, and the dwp aren't reading what I'm writing, or noticing how I'm obviously ill, either. What backup do I have? It can't just be left at a gp being blatantly untruthful and unfair.

It can be a combination of both tick boxes and request for comments.

You'll only know if your normal GP will write a new letter by asking them! You will struggle to dispute the contents of the original letter if they will not write a new one.

It's likely that the decision as to which doctor filled in the report was made by the your practice and not the DWP.

GP's write these reports regularly for the DWP so there should be no confusion about what they needed to do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148173 by Cat
Thanks Gordon. It's difficult, as this gp hasn't been helpful, and I doubt he'll try to be. I'd only seen him 3 times. The one I put on the form I'd seen once. Very difficult to go out/cope. Hopefully the one I've seen once will be understanding. I don't know what to do if she isn't, except go all out about everything else, in the hope of overshadowing the gp side some how, and will have to complaint to the practice as part of that.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148182 by Cat
May I quickly ask, I'm confused which address to send SAR form to. There's a wolverhampton address on the pip letter (post handling site B), yet I'm in middlesbrough. Do I send all correspondence solely to the address on the pip letter? Thanks, Cat

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #148190 by bro58

Cat wrote: May I quickly ask, I'm confused which address to send SAR form to. There's a wolverhampton address on the pip letter (post handling site B), yet I'm in middlesbrough.

Do I send all correspondence solely to the address on the pip letter? Thanks, Cat

Hi C,

Yes, use that address, nearly all national DWP mail goes via the Wolverhampton Mail Handling Site no matter where you live !!

Obviously, if you are given a different address as the process progresses, you should use that.

See : This Post.

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago #148235 by Cat
Thank you very much bro58, plus funny to see the smiley replaced the letter B I'd typed! Great to know about the address; can send off the SAR post now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.