× Members

Acquiring Medical evidence

More
8 years 4 months ago #148028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Acquiring Medical evidence

pluto wrote: It's for ESA appeal not PIP. So you would just send a list of all descriptors (even if I don't think they apply to me) or just the two I think I should get points on ?

I would prepare two documents, give the longer one to them first and if they seem unhappy with commenting on it, offer the shorter on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #148029 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Acquiring Medical evidence

abcd69 wrote: The above would actually be accepted as GP/Consultants opinion at a Tribunal under a new Directive in Nov. At my Tribunal, I had a Consultant letter which stated that "patient says can only walk a maximum of 20 metres". The Tribunal Dr wasn't happy with it, but my Representative told him he had to accept it as "Consultants Opinion" under the new Directive and Judge agreed. I cant find the Directive on any website, and Representative cant find the memo he read. But it must exist as Judge was aware of it.

Without a reference it's difficult to comment but even with one a Judge would not be bound by what I assume is an Upper Tribunal Decision, they are entitled to make their own decisions based on the credibility of the evidence before them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.