× Members

Sending additional information to DWP

More
8 years 3 months ago #150849 by Jasmine357
Sending additional information to DWP was created by Jasmine357
Hi, :)

I have just recently joined this help forum and have been lurking around reading up on all the wealth of information on the member guides regarding PIP claims etc.

I wanted to find out whether you could still submit extra info to the DWP even though you have already been to an assessment? Is this still possible?

I attended an assessment based at Redhill in Surrey only this week so I guess the assessor at ATOS will be in the process of sending the report back to the DWP at some point after quality checks and whatnot.

The assessor seemed very nice and polite :whistle: but I felt she didn't allow me enough time to explain in further detail of how my conditions affect me. She was typing very fast as if she was running like the clappers to catch a train :P

Also,the whole assessment took about an hour from start to finish. She made it quite clear at the start that she only wanted me to answer the questions she was asking. However, I don't even think that half the info I supplied on the PIP2 form was addressed.

many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #150868 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Sending additional information to DWP

perfumeflower wrote: Hi, :)

I have just recently joined this help forum and have been lurking around reading up on all the wealth of information on the member guides regarding PIP claims etc.

I wanted to find out whether you could still submit extra info to the DWP even though you have already been to an assessment? Is this still possible?

I attended an assessment based at Redhill in Surrey only this week so I guess the assessor at ATOS will be in the process of sending the report back to the DWP at some point after quality checks and whatnot.

The assessor seemed very nice and polite :whistle: but I felt she didn't allow me enough time to explain in further detail of how my conditions affect me. She was typing very fast as if she was running like the clappers to catch a train :P

Also,the whole assessment took about an hour from start to finish. She made it quite clear at the start that she only wanted me to answer the questions she was asking. However, I don't even think that half the info I supplied on the PIP2 form was addressed.

many thanks

Hi pf,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum.

The PA4 Medical Report compiled by the PIP Assessor will be sent to The PIP Case Manager (DM) pretty quickly, generally electronically.

So you could post copy of any fresh evidence that you have FAO : The PIP Case Manager (DM) at the address of The Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent DWP PIP letter.

You could include a covering letter asking them to take this evidence into account along with your PIP 2 Form and The PA 4 Medical Report.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

You can see an example of a PA4 from the download link on : This Page 4th link down.

From members feedback an hour for your face to face would be around the average !

If you ring The PIP helpline, next week, you can request a copy of your PA4, which you may receive before the actual decision :

PIP helpline
Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Please let us know how things progress ! :)

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 months ago #150872 by Jeanette
Replied by Jeanette on topic Sending additional information to DWP
Hi I wasn't happy with my assessment either. My assessor was very thorough and kept me an hour and a half and I was exhausted even though I told her I was finding it difficult as my big problem is fatigue. She was also typing so much but didn't go over anything so I don't know what she said or was missed. I'm going to call on Monday and asked for the report but can't decide whether to complain about the way it was done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmine357

More
8 years 3 months ago #150879 by Jasmine357
Replied by Jasmine357 on topic Sending additional information to DWP
Hi Bro58 :)

Yes I will do that as soon as possible and see if it will reach the DM in time.

I will send the info by signed for post tomorrow.....

I will update as soon as I hear anything back from them.

I just want to say what a brilliant site this is and I wish I discovered it much sooner before I filled in my PIP2 form.....however, I went to my local CAB advice centre to get help with regards to filling in the form so just hoping things will go ok......

many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, slugsta

More
8 years 3 months ago #150894 by Jasmine357
Replied by Jasmine357 on topic Sending additional information to DWP
Hi Jeanette,

Yes I totally agree with you with everything you have said....

...My assessor was too quick to assess if that makes any sense. (most probably in a hurry to get to the pub for her pub lunch :whistle:

But seriously though, I do think she missed out a hell of a lot of information and despite the fact I do suffer from fatigue myself and couldn't wait until it was over there was so much info that was crucial and relevant to the claim.

More
8 years 3 months ago #151061 by Jeanette
Replied by Jeanette on topic Sending additional information to DWP
I rang yesterday and they are sending me a copy of her report. They said that if I find anything was missed I should call back but results are being sent within 2 weeks which doesn't give much time to get back to them before the decision. I told them I felt things have been missed and brought up questions that I didn't understand. One thing i was asked was that I'd said my right leg was 2" shorter, was this still the case. I said I didn't understand but the assessor just ignored me and moved on. The DWP thought this was a very strange question. I also told them she didn't review what I'd said but all I can do is wait and see. I hope you get on alright
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmine357

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.