× Members

Sending additional information to DWP

More
8 years 2 months ago #153476 by Jasmine357
Replied by Jasmine357 on topic Sending additional information to DWP
Hello, :)

By way of an update since my last post. I received my long awaited brown envelope with the decision through the post.

As I might of guessed I scored zero points for all descriptors.

To begin with, I just knew the assessment didn't go the way I expected it to and the assessors report was rather generic and poorly written and had boxes with no information written in them whatsoever. Or the assessors comments were repeated word for word in each box.

And none of the information related to or addressed my difficulties with regards to my health conditions. I could have been reading some one else report.

So...I requested an MR on the phone and then sent further information through the post by recorded delivery which I have just submitted today. I challenged the report using all the advice and guides on here....

Will just have to now wait and see what happens....

PF x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #154000 by Jasmine357

perfumeflower wrote: Hello, :)

By way of an update since my last post. I received my long awaited brown envelope with the decision through the post.

As I might of guessed I scored zero points for all descriptors.

To begin with, I just knew the assessment didn't go the way I expected it to and the assessors report was rather generic and poorly written and had boxes with no information written in them whatsoever. Or the assessors comments were repeated word for word in each box.

And none of the information related to or addressed my difficulties with regards to my health conditions. I could have been reading some one else report.

So...I requested an MR on the phone and then sent further information through the post by recorded delivery which I have just submitted today. I challenged the report using all the advice and guides on here....

Will just have to now wait and see what happens....

PF x

Hi,

Since my last post above, my PIP claim was at the MR stage. I had sent a further 12 page evidence and information on the 9th March by recorded delivery and also the GP's summary with evidence on the 14th March by special next day delivery.

However, I had to wait a while for my surgery to print out all the evidence regarding my health conditions so this is why it was only sent on the 14th. They received it yesterday the 15th March.

Anyway..just to be double sure they received my evidence I just phoned the DWP this morning to check up whether their systems have updated with all my additional info...

.....I was quite shocked to be told that they have come to a decision today already. I said that was rather quick because they only received the GP's summary yesterday.

Is this at all possible? I would have thought they would have needed to have some time to scrutinise and analyse all the evidence and extra information because there are 12 pages of A4 and 16 pages of the GP's summary they need to read through.

It would be nice to think the case manager has analysed absolutely everything. But such a rather quick decision makes me think they have not. And it may seem like I will need to go down Appeal Road as it were..... :blink:

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

PF x

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #154010 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sending additional information to DWP
perfumeflower

It's not impossible that your information was reviewed and used to complete the MR, but I think it unlikely! Although the DWP now scan all information they are sent, my impression is that this is done for data security reasons and not to speed access to the information, I would expect you information, once scanned, to have been sent through the DWP internal mail system and this can take days if not longer and therefore would not have been available to the Decision Maker.

As the MR has been completed, you cannot do anything further until you receive the result. Hopefully you will hear in the next couple of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmine357

More
8 years 2 months ago #154028 by Jasmine357

Gordon wrote: perfumeflower

It's not impossible that your information was reviewed and used to complete the MR, but I think it unlikely! Although the DWP now scan all information they are sent, my impression is that this is done for data security reasons and not to speed access to the information, I would expect you information, once scanned, to have been sent through the DWP internal mail system and this can take days if not longer and therefore would not have been available to the Decision Maker.

As the MR has been completed, you cannot do anything further until you receive the result. Hopefully you will hear in the next couple of days.

Gordon

Thank you Gordon for your reply.

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. After ringing the DWP this morning I realised after putting the phone down. When we are being told that it does in fact take a few days for the systems to be updated with additional info I knew it could not be possible for this information to be used by the case manager when making the decision if it was not available for him/her...

I was just really confused as when I had previously phoned them to let them know I was sending in this extra info they said that it would be OK as I was worried that my claim was going to be reviewed again before they even received this evidence. So imagine my shock when they said the decision has already been made today.

PF x

More
8 years 2 months ago #154038 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Sending additional information to DWP
Unfortunately there is no specific time laid down for the completion of the MR. It seems that DWP can perform an MR without waiting for the claimant's extra evidence, even when they have been advised that some will be submitted. However, even when they do wait for evidence, they rarely do more than simply 'rubber stamp' the original decision :angry:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmine357

More
8 years 2 months ago #154080 by Jasmine357

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: Unfortunately there is no specific time laid down for the completion of the MR. It seems that DWP can perform an MR without waiting for the claimant's extra evidence, even when they have been advised that some will be submitted. However, even when they do wait for evidence, they rarely do more than simply 'rubber stamp' the original decision :angry:

Hi,

Thank you for your reply Mrs HB.. :)

Well, I received a call early this morning by some one from DWP in regards to my MR and they just confirmed the original decision had been upheld. However, he said that he would ask a case manager to revaluate the MR again based on all the extra information and GP's evidence which has just been recently submitted.

He confirmed that the MR decision was made without the additional evidence because from what he could make out the case manager did not have all the relevant information at the time.

I did say I knew I had a feeling that it must have been too quick and I did initially request them to not look at my MR until they had all the information in front of them. And to also take into account that it does indeed take a few days for the correspondence to travel through their internal mail systems. (A slow boat from China would be much quicker :whistle: :lol: )

So yes Mrs HB you were quite right in saying that all they do is rubber stamp the original decision.

Which brings me to my suggestion. I have just come across some info that may be beneficial and of some help to other members on here. But I wanted to ask for permission before I posted it first just in case it would not be allowed for some reason.

The info is in regards to how the DWP internal mail system works. From when the correspondence/info is posted off by the customer to when the DWP and/or a case manager actually receive it by Royal Mail. There is quite a lot that goes on in between...

This is quite an interesting read as I was really curious as to how the DWP mail systems actually work.

Please let me know if this is OK to post on here..

PF x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.