× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
7 years 8 months ago #164814 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
Also, will they inform my representative as well as he could text me the result.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164820 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: Thanks, Gordon.

Out of interest, what information do they give you in the reply letter; points scored, length of award, for example? Reasons why it is passed or declined? Thanks

You will get the Decision, points scored and some basic reasons for the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 8 months ago #164821 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: Also, will they inform my representative as well as he could text me the result.

If they were on your papers then yes, but I wouldn't expect them to hear any earlier than you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #164829 by Orangeblossom
Thanks. They told me it is possible to appeal the tribunals decision in a moth, back to the tribunals service. However I thought the only next steps is an appeal to the Upper Tribunals. Can you advise please what that next step is and how to do it? Thanks.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #164833 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
Both the claimant and DWP will have 1 month in which to request a Statement of Reasons from the Tribunal Service. The other party would then be sent a copy of the SOR also - although it can take some weeks for this to be sent out.

After the SOR has been sent, there is then another month in which to decide whether there might have been an Error in Law. It is only for this reason that either party can apply to the Upper Tier Tribunal.

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

What is an Error of Law?

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166031 by Orangeblossom
Thank you again Gordon. I have been away for a free days but not have the letter and my appeal is allowed; enhanced rate care, as precious, so many thanks for the calm straightforward advice and also I found the submissions guide here very helpful for me and my family to help put together the information.

So, it doesn't day much, just that the appeal is allowed, the points scored on and it is due to the medical evidence in the appeal pack and the conditions I have. It doesn't say anything about the length of award, but my conditions are long term.

Shouldn't it say something about the length of award? What happens next?

Many thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.