× Members

DLA to PIP transfer

More
8 years 9 months ago #137278 by John
DLA to PIP transfer was created by John
Hello there, this is my first post on the B&W Forum.

I am currently a DLA claimant, with an indefinite award of Higher Rate Mobility, awarded in Feb 2002.

My age is 61 and I now fall into the criteria of being potentially asked to submit a PIP application at any time, although I live in Wales where things are usually a bit behind the rest of the UK.

Over the last 15 years I have had little in the way of contact with consultants in my local hospital and, as such, I have nothing in the way of paper evidence.

Should I be proactive here and start acquiring written reports from GPs, consultants and suchlike?

All views are appreciated.

:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137299 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP transfer
John

Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately you could be transferred at any time during the next 2 1/2 years so timing when to request information will be a problem, however, if you have no current medical evidence and indeed nothing for 15 years, then it may be worth your starting the process now and trying to update it when you are actually invited to claim PIP.

I would start by having a word with your GP to see what options are actually available to you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: John

More
8 years 9 months ago #137329 by John
Replied by John on topic DLA to PIP transfer
Many thanks for your swift reply Gordon and I will start this process by doing exactly as you described.

Regards

John

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153674 by John
Good morning,

Maybe a difficult question to answer, but how long is it taking for the DWP to complete a DLA to PIP transfer for a town or city?

The reason I’m asking is that I spotted that our area (postcode) became ‘live for DLA – PIP transfer’ last July, when I went to my GP for a letter to accompany the PIP application.

It is now March 2016 and no ‘brown envelope’.

Any views anyone?

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153690 by
Replied by on topic DLA to PIP transfer

John wrote: Good morning,

Maybe a difficult question to answer, but how long is it taking for the DWP to complete a DLA to PIP transfer for a town or city?

The reason I’m asking is that I spotted that our area (postcode) became ‘live for DLA – PIP transfer’ last July, when I went to my GP for a letter to accompany the PIP application.

It is now March 2016 and no ‘brown envelope’.

Any views anyone?

Hi J,

I will merge your other PIP related topics with this one for continuity !

Postcodes are no longer relevant as the national roll out of DLA to PIP has been active for all applicable DLA recipients since October 2015.

See : This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

We have seen a slowing down in the whole PIP Assessment process since the New Year.

Currently I would say that on average from receiving your initial "PIP Invite" letter to actually receiving a decision would take around 12-16 weeks !

Obviously this may be dependant on how quickly you made the initial phone call and returned your PIP 2 Form within the deadlines given !!

If the letter that you have is no longer current, date wise, when you receive your PIP "Invite" simply ask you G.P. to change the date to make it current as long as they still agree with the content at that time.

See also : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #153702 by John
Many thanks bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.