× Members

Buried Alive!

More
5 years 2 months ago #225581 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Buried Alive!
PP

I would request it after they claim JSA but it could be dated before the claim if the GP is willing to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #225597 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic Buried Alive!
Ok! Thanks for that Gordon

PP:)

More
5 years 2 months ago #225690 by unBat412Fd
Hello again Gordon

Round n round in circles we go. Yesterday he went to job centre to sign on. They insisted he claim UC. He told them he wouldn’t. The previous evening I told him to take his decision letter ESA65 with this paragraph underlined, “You should apply for Universal Credit UNLESS you had the Severe Disability Premium as part of your ESA within the last calendar month”. He showed them this but they just didn’t understand it and kept repeating he should claim UC. He also told them the above info is actually on their own website, I had checked and double checked so he could tell them that. But alas it was “you need to claim UC”. Today I checked again and double checked and double checked and he has to claim JSA as you said. Not doubting you in any way Gordon just wanted him to be able to say “it’s actually on your own website”. We all know how stupid they are and they’ll lie wherever and whenever they can.

However after checking online I think he should have made the JSA claim over the phone, 08000 556688. Please tell me this is the case as I’m going a little bonkers here. I had wanted to be printing off the appeals guide by now but feel I am still stuck at base. He’s now back on sleeping tables for insomnia and antidepressants due to all this, and I’ll be following suit if I don’t watch out.

As I mentioned previously his decision letter is dated 28/1/19. Does this mean that the SDP he’s been receiving is disqualifying him from claiming UC till 27/2/19, and also allowing him to claim the DP and SDP along with his JSA till 27/2/19. But if he leaves it any later than 27/2/19 he’ll have to claim UC?

Hecky thump! I know that may sound long winded but as I said I’m going bonkers here.

Kindest regards PP:)

More
5 years 2 months ago #225707 by Gordon
PP

It's not on the UC pages, although it should be but it is on the JSA ones, just scroll down.

www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/eligibility

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd

More
5 years 2 months ago #225771 by unBat412Fd
Oh deary me Gordon

I really am bad at making it clear what I am asking aren’t I?

Yesterday I printed off eligibility for JSA from their website. I have 110% confidence in what you have told me Gordon and ready to disagree with anybody who contradicts what you have told me. I always take what you say as gospel. The reason I printed off the above is so my brother can show anyone what DWP have on their own website. He’s had an employee from his housing association sort out the nil income claim for him and got housing ben reinstated, so that’s one good thing. But hes been telling my brother you can only apply online for the JSA and I now know he has to apply over the phone. This is stressing him out. Anyway he’s calling in on me today and we’ll probably get the ball rolling.

What I was trying to say in previous post was I’m struggling to understand what they mean by “unless you’ve receive SDP in the last calendar month”. I’m taking it that that means anytime between 28/1/19 when he was found fit for work and 27/2/19 which is when the month is pup. Please tell me if I am correct or am way off track. Trying to understand “the month” they are referring to.

Regards PP:)

More
5 years 2 months ago #225789 by Gordon
PP

Yes, a month would be 28/1/19 to 27/2/19.

Technically you can backdate a JSA claim but the reality is that the DWP never allow it so the claim must be made with the month.

The change to the rules only occurred on 16 January so it's possible that news has not filtered through although there is a UC memo although it may be something that only DMs might read, see

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...e/772704/adm1-19.pdf

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.