× Members

IR ESA Still no annual uprating letter!

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155400 by karen robson68
Replied by karen robson68 on topic IR ESA Still no annual uprating letter!
Hi I was stressed out and my carer phoned them for me he said they are not sending out letters as benefits are remaining the same they only send them out when benefits increase usually always every April so don't worry wish my carer had not phoned as I will prob get esa forms to fill in again more stress anyway hope this helps

K robson
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: dribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155403 by cats6
Replied by cats6 on topic IR ESA Still no annual uprating letter!
Shell, Same here nothing! no letters for ESA or Dla, others in my area have had theirs weeks ago.
I'm on esa review, reassessment right now.
so i don't know what the hell they are playing at.
I just Hope they are not going to hit me with the pip transfer, right after esa.
i am wondering if its a "convenient" computer error as my esa award date ends may .. but still no dla up rating letter? again i hope i am not transferred to pip straight after, my nerves are already frayed, times ticking & still waiting on medical records! all will need be photocopied & sorted, i swear if pip is straight after i will be banging down the priory doors! i am close to doing now!!!,, the only glimour of hope haha< tongue in cheek, is if needed i have good cause for an extension, re-doing esa the stress involved on a low immune system has caused infections! so been practically living up the gp's and ratting with anti biocs!! Oh well gp treatment review next week, if i end up in hospital stuff the dwp! my well being comes before them!!

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155407 by

archie wrote: Hi I was stressed out and my carer phoned them for me he said they are not sending out letters as benefits are remaining the same they only send them out when benefits increase usually always every April so don't worry wish my carer had not phoned as I will prob get esa forms to fill in again more stress anyway hope this helps

Hi a,

What your carer was told is rubbish !!

No ESA/DLA/PIP/AA recipients are receiving any increase in benefits this year, but some have still received annual entitlement letters !!

Didn't you read my previous post ?

We don't know why the annual entitlement letters are late this year.

It could be a cost cutting exercise, it could be down to The DWP being in disarray, it could be down to the fact that there is no increase in April, we also saw problems with payments of the 2015 Xmas Bonus as well.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #155434 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IR ESA Still no annual uprating letter!
Archie, I had occasion to phone DWP re my ESA this morning. The first thing I got was a recorded message saying that uprating letters have been sent out recently and the claimant does not need to do anything about it. Which 'suggests' that uprating letters have been sent out to some people at least!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: , dribble

More
8 years 1 month ago #155472 by IamShell
Replied by IamShell on topic IR ESA Still no annual uprating letter!
Hmmm, Archie... It's not at all surprising that people would be told different things! :S
The info from bro58 is reassuring though.

MrsHurtyback and bro58: thank you both (and bro58 for collating my posts). I remember you (bro58) saying there was a delay with letters this year but I didn't think the delay would extend beyond the first Monday in April (the date, I'm sure, bro58 said they were usually received by)... So, I'm assuming those of us who haven't received one *should* still get one (though with there being no change to rates this year the urgency to get them out within a certain time frame may not apply)...

From what you say (MrsHurtyback) it sounds like the info about uprating letters might have been added because they are delayed and they've perhaps had a great number of people calling to see when they can expect to receive one...

Archie, I have worried that calling up for info/ to ask for a letter might somehow cause them to get in touch sooner than later, but I'm pretty sure I read here that that is not the case. Maybe on of the mods could confirm/ reassure on that point?

cats6: I don't really know too much about PIP. Though I should have, I've never applied. I find the ESA process too stressful in itself so the idea of more hoops is frightening and overwhelming. I do have help though and a friend who drives so that's a great help.
I do hope your ESA review goes well and that PIP won't be too hot on its heels. I hope you feel better soon. It's not at all easy but ( I get extremely anxious) try not to make your health worse. My friend is always telling me (when I start to obsess over all the awful things that will happen): 'Worry about it when it happens'... Take care.

At least there are a number of people who haven't had their letter yet
The following user(s) said Thank You: , cats6

More
8 years 1 month ago #155475 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic IR ESA Still no annual uprating letter!
Still waiting mine too. Was told end of March... I need my DLA one so I can sort my Blue Badge out...ridiculous..DWP.

Thanks bro for pointing me here....

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , dribble

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.