× Members

Mandatory reconsideration.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156182 by Teresa
Replied by Teresa on topic Mandatory reconsideration.
As my husband works more than 24 hours my ESA will now stop. Dwp have said we could be able to claim
Working tax credits as my husbands earnings are quite low. Would we only be entitled to the disability element if I'm working ? Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156199 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration.

Teresa wrote: As my husband works more than 24 hours my ESA will now stop. Dwp have said we could be able to claim
Working tax credits as my husbands earnings are quite low. Would we only be entitled to the disability element if I'm working ? Thankyou

I'm afraid we do not advise on Tax Credits have a look at the following

www.gov.uk/working-tax-credit/overview

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #156853 by Teresa
I have been sent a wrag interview date even though my ESA stopped on 8th April as 365 days were up. I don't need to attend ? I started off with 0 points after the wca and then got put in wrag regulation 29 on mandatory reconsideration. I still feel I should be in support group is there a point in appealing ? Thankyou x

More
8 years 1 week ago #156882 by Gordon

Teresa wrote: I have been sent a wrag interview date even though my ESA stopped on 8th April as 365 days were up. I don't need to attend ? I started off with 0 points after the wca and then got put in wrag regulation 29 on mandatory reconsideration. I still feel I should be in support group is there a point in appealing ? Thankyou x

If you are no longer receiving payment of your ESA then you do not need to attend WFIs or to participate in Work Related activities.

Have you checked whether you are eligible for Income Related ESA.

ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #157003 by Teresa
Thanks for all your help. I also have been paid the final 4 weeks at full £102.20 which was for time from when it was stopped to when I got mandatory recon letter back, but no back payments for the other 34 weeks of wrag component. They do have to pay this don't they? I phoned but was just told they would look into if I was due anything? That was over a week ago

More
8 years 1 week ago #157034 by Gordon

Teresa wrote: Thanks for all your help. I also have been paid the final 4 weeks at full £102.20 which was for time from when it was stopped to when I got mandatory recon letter back, but no back payments for the other 34 weeks of wrag component. They do have to pay this don't they? I phoned but was just told they would look into if I was due anything? That was over a week ago

You should be entitled to back payments up the date when your husband started working for more than 24 hours or when your ESA went back in to payment, which ever is the earlier.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.