× Members

Pip assessment

More
7 years 6 months ago #172208 by Paula64
Replied by Paula64 on topic Pip assessment
Hi, Today I received the MR decision letter and they have changed it to enhanced living and standard mobility, both for an ongoing period. My dilemma is, should I just stick or should I call and challenge? I had enhanced on both prior to renewal and its not as if MS gets better. I'm scared that if I challenge the decision I may lose it all

Many thanks xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172221 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment
Hi Paula,

I suggest you have a look at your claim form, the assessor's report and our PIP guide to see whether you think you can make a good case for the increased points.

It is true that a tribunal can reduce or remove your award - however, unlike DWP, they have to warn a claimant and give them chance to withdraw the appeal if they are considering doing this.

You have 1 month from the date of the MR letter in which to submit an appeal, so you have a bit of time to think things over.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172228 by Paula64
Thanks, unfortunately dispite repeatedly asking for the assessors report, dwp still haven't provided me with it (I had to do the MR without it).

Its good to know there will be a warning and the chance to withdraw if there is a chance of it not going in my favour.

Do I call DWP if i want to appeal?

Many thanks for all your help

More
7 years 6 months ago #172230 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment

PAULA64 wrote: Thanks, unfortunately dispite repeatedly asking for the assessors report, dwp still haven't provided me with it (I had to do the MR without it).

Its good to know there will be a warning and the chance to withdraw if there is a chance of it not going in my favour.

Do I call DWP if i want to appeal?

Many thanks for all your help

Have a look at the PIP MR & Appeal guide, it has links to the SSCS1 form that you need to complete and instructions on how to complete it. You do not need to go into detail as to why you are making the request. The form has details of where to send it.

Once your appeal has been accepted the DWP will be notified and they will send you a copy of their reasons for opposing the appeal and a copy of all the documents used in the making of the Decision, this will include a copy of the assessment report, but you can continue to chase the DWP for one in the interim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 2 months ago #183832 by Paula64
I would like to thank this site and everyone on it for all the help and advice I have been given during the past 12 months. Without your support and advice I would never have had the strength and determination to persue my claim to the bitter end. It has been a very challenging and stressful PIP experience but it finally came to and end yesterday when I attended my tribunal and was awarded enhanced for daily living and for mobility for and indefinite period. The tribunal panel were very kind and respectfully and it was so refreshing to be listened to and believed. I really hope stories like mine will encourage everyone to fight for what they deserve. Thank you, thank you, thank you x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie, ivyfox, otoviano, KathyS, Sheila 966

More
7 years 2 months ago #183844 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment
Paula

That's terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.