× Members

Pip assessment at physiotherapist

More
7 years 8 months ago #166797 by apotter
Replied by apotter on topic Pip assessment at physiotherapist
Well received the copy of my assessment today - what can I say,she agreed on a few things but most of the questions she has scored me zero,she also states that according to her I have over exaggerated my condition, which I did not - she obviously did not listen enough on quite a few points I put acros. I knew from the beginning I would lose my mobility car as it was 10 metres to the lift and another to the assessment room which she claims I walked slowly but managed it, forgetting to mention that I frequently stopped and she also forgot to mention I complained about the lift jolting and hurting my back when it stopped. She obviously did not take any of the medical evidence I gave into consideration. I did as your wonderful site advised and straight afterwards I wrote down what was said/done etc at the assessment which I am now thankful of doing.If it goes via her suggestions then I will have scored only 9 points for care and 10 for mobility.
Has anybody ever had an award higher than what the assessor has suggested?
Looks like appeal to me
Thanks for your time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166799 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment at physiotherapist
Hi GS,

The decision maker does sometimes decide contrary to the assessor's recommendations - but it is not a common occurrence.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: apotter

More
7 years 8 months ago #166800 by apotter
Thank you for your quick reply. I thought as much, think I had better prepare myself for appeal

More
7 years 8 months ago #166801 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment at physiotherapist

German Shepard wrote: Thank you for your quick reply. I thought as much, think I had better prepare myself for appeal

Don't forget that you have to go through MR first :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: apotter

More
7 years 8 months ago #166802 by apotter
I know

More
7 years 7 months ago #168362 by apotter
I am in total shock _ just received my PIP award, didn't think it would be good news due to the assessment report saying 10 points for mobility and 9 for care, I have been awarded 12 points for mobility and 10 for care,
I was getting worked up for a MR and appeal, delighted is not the word

Couldn't have done it without the help from this site so a massive THANK YOU xxx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.