× Members

Applying for PIP

More
7 years 2 months ago #183503 by jojo
Replied by jojo on topic Applying for PIP
Thank you for your reply. I ended up with an urgent appointment with my GP on the friday I was so ill. I have looked on Capita's website and in their assessment process it states 'You will not be asked to do anything that will cause you discomfort. This is in not what happened for me and was asked to do things that would not just cause me discomfort but pain and possible faint. It makes me despair that disabled people are treated so badly. I am seeing my local MP on 14th March without even knowing what decision is made, such was my concern. Again thank you for always being a comfort to a desperately worried lady and all the other people you help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183538 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Applying for PIP
Jojo

The assessor should have made you aware that you had the right to refuse any examination that would cause you pain or distress, if they did not do this then it would be something to add to your complaint.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183641 by jojo
Replied by jojo on topic Applying for PIP
Thanks I did not know and despite me explaining why I couldn't do something, and what would happen if I did I was asked to do it anyway. What a flipping disaster. I am still poorly and despite a same day app with my gp on friday she is concerned enough to see me again tomorrow. Thankyou

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.