× Members

Careers allowance

More
7 years 2 months ago #183365 by Jason
Careers allowance was created by Jason
I was wondering if anyone has applied for careers allowance following being awarded PIP care component? I understand that if you are awarded PIP care component at either the standard or enhanced it can passport you for other benefits careers allowance being one of them.

I would be grateful of any help and advice, as I don't want to jeopardise my PIP award by applying for careers allowance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183366 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Careers allowance

Jaybarnard wrote: I was wondering if anyone has applied for careers allowance following being awarded PIP care component? I understand that if you are awarded PIP care component at either the standard or enhanced it can passport you for other benefits careers allowance being one of them.

I would be grateful of any help and advice, as I don't want to jeopardise my PIP award by applying for careers allowance

You cannot claim CA against your own PIP Claim, someone else can or you can claim CA against someone else's PIP claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183378 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Careers allowance
Hi Gordon

We was planning on my wife claiming it as it became very apparent in the PIP process how much she actually does in caring for me.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183404 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Careers allowance

Jaybarnard wrote: Hi Gordon

We was planning on my wife claiming it as it became very apparent in the PIP process how much she actually does in caring for me.

She will need to be able to provide a minimum of 35 hours of care a week and there is a weekly earning limit of £110.

She can claim online

www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/how-to-claim

Being in receipt of CA enables a claim for Income Support as well, subject to your personal circumstances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183629 by FallingApart
Replied by FallingApart on topic Careers allowance
Hi
I was awarded standard Daily Living and enhanced mobility for PIP recently. My wife applied online for carer's allowance based upon my PIP award. It came through 3 weeks later, no interview, no letters of proof etc.
It seems that if you have been awarded PIP then someone who cares for you more than 35 hours per week will get Carer's Allowance.
Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerrygold50

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.