× Members

ESA50

More
7 years 2 months ago #183588 by Susan Morrison
ESA50 was created by Susan Morrison
Hi
I currently claim esa and I'm in the support group. I received an ESA50 form on Friday and I'm so stressed over this as I'm terrified that I will lose my benefits and I won't be able to afford to stay in my home. Just thinking about filling the form in fills me with dread. I have multiple health issues and I am sitting here in tears, I really don't want to do this, the whole process of it is terrifying. I suffer with clinical depression, anxiety, chronic pain from arthritis and degenerative disc disease, and chronic diarrhoea. I have had thoughts of suicide as things have just become to much for me, I don't have a very good support system in place, I don't leave the house unless it's for Drs or hospital appointments because of anxiety, depression and the diarrhoea. I don't have any friends to speak of and never see my family, it's just myselfa and my four children. I'm not sure I have the strength to continue, I don't need the added stress from the dwp on top of everything. It feels like the walls are coming in on me. Can anyone please help me with the form as I'm scared of getting it all wrong. Sorry for such a long post. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183645 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50
S

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

First of all, if this form is causing you distress than you must see your GP about this, they can help you deal with this situation.

I'm afraid all ESA claims will be reassessed on a regular basis, it's not something that you can avoid but if you approach it in a sensible manner then you can manage the stress and worry and get the form completed in time.

Start by downloading our current ESA Claim guide from the following link and have a read, you'll see that in addition to showing you what criteria you need to meet that we also provide a "formula" for completing the questions on the form that will help you to explain the problems you have with each of the activities.

If you have questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.