× Members

Taxi fares to ESA assessment

• trishquirke@btinternet.com
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #196593 by trishquirke@btinternet.com
Taxi fares to ESA assessment was created by trishquirke@btinternet.com
I have to accompany a friend to an ESA assessment with a Maximus Dr on Friday. He has chronic anxiety and panic attacks and was advised to get a letter from his Dr. Will Maximum pay if the Dr says he may need a taxi ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #196611 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Taxi fares to ESA assessment
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Hi Trish,

Maximus will sometimes pay for taxis but this must be agreed in advance. Your friend should phone and get agreement for this. A letter from the GP saying that a taxi will be needed will certainly help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
6 years 8 months ago #196647 by ever hoping
Replied by ever hoping on topic Taxi fares to ESA assessment
Hi Trish
I had assessments off ATOS and Maximus. My GP gave me a letter which I sent to them. I called them and they both agreed to pay the taxi cost. Make sure you get their agreement to pay first.

More
6 years 8 months ago #197200 by AngeYorks
Replied by AngeYorks on topic Taxi fares to ESA assessment
I was interested in this topic as, last Tuesday I attended my first reassessment (got through to the support group on paper last time although after reconsideration after being put briefly in WRAG). I didn't ask my GP for a letter re taxi fares, but went under my own steam, via a taxi, train and then another taxi to the assessment centre in Leeds. After my very brief (15 minute) assessment where they wanted more details of my Chronic Fatigue, I went to the reception to get a form to claim back my train fare. The receptionist said that the assessor had authorised a taxi back to my home address. I queried this, as I said I don't have a GP's letter.. to which she replied thats fine, you fit the criteria! Uh? So I gratefully accepted.. but still baffled. Trying not to assume they think I'm definitely staying in the Support Group haha

More
6 years 4 months ago #204185 by Wayne
Replied by Wayne on topic Taxi fares to ESA assessment
Hi. The same thing happened to me today, I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this and if they think this is a sign of staying in support group

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.