× Members

ESA - Support Group

More
6 years 6 months ago #201985 by Angela
ESA - Support Group was created by Angela
If it doesn't rain, it pours! Recently completed my PIP claim pack and was awarded 0 points, thus not entitled to PIP. So, I've sent in a Mandatory Request with strong evidence, so l'm holding thumbs. The whole PIP claim has mentally exhausted me, and if my MR is refused, then I'll have to appeal - not sure if I will have the mental stamina, but hey ho.

So, the PIP was the rain - just checked my banking account and my ESA (Support Group) payments stopped back in October - nothing for November. I called the DWP to ask why, and apparently somebody stopped my ESA because it's due for renewal. I got no notification of renewal, so the person I spoke to reinstated my ESA until I reapply.

So that's the pouring bit ... on top of my complex PIP claim, I now too have to tackle a ESA claim - it's way too much for me to do, all in one go. I can't cope! How on Earth am I going to complete the ESA form after I am mentally exhausted by the PIP one? Arg!

So, my question is ... I've read that the ESA is the worst form to complete? True? If so, then I might as well just go boil my head now :(.

Any advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #202000 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA - Support Group
Angela

It's not a simple form and has more questions than the PIP one, but if you use our ESA Claim guides it should be no more difficult than the PIP one.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #202015 by Angela
Replied by Angela on topic ESA - Support Group
Thanks Gordon. Have downloaded the guide and will have a thorough read through. These things are getting harder and harder ...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.