× Members

Pip assessment and decision letter

More
6 years 4 months ago #202247 by snowy007
Pip assessment and decision letter was created by snowy007
Hi everyone,
Would like some advice regarding the above subject. I attended my pip review f2f and received my consultation report and decision letter, I've found a lot of discrepancies in the report starting from the first page where it was stated I rose from the waiting room chair using my arms to push myself up , when in fact I was already standing up ! Was reported that I walked with my stick more than 20 metres without stopping when I did stop to rest after a short walk due to the problems I have with my spine ( waiting for a procedure to try and ease the continuous pain I have 24/7 ) I also suffer from mental health issues. Onto the assessment in the room , it was stated that the muskuloskeletal examination took place which I can confirm did not and apparently I passed all the relevant tests apart from a few minor things ,no problem with grip , normal strength in both arms and legs to name a couple of things . I gave the assessor more than 25 reports of up to date medical evidence to support my mobility and mental health issues including a print out of my prescribed medications , the assessor who was a nurse by the way only took 10 of the reports , saying that these were all that would be required , my prescribed medications was not included nor was any reports regarding my mental health issues and in my report only 2 out of the 10 was actually included ( i referenced them with what was said in my report) also the corresponding dates on the other 3 which was supposed to have been sent off did not match to any of the letters , it was stated throughout the report that there was no mental health input for my mental health issues when I obviously gave the assessor medical evidence to support them but was told it was not needed and wasn't included to be made available to the decision maker . I also have other medical issues to prove I can't carry out day to day activities, shoulder impingment causing problems moving my arm , heart problems which are still under investigation and more which are too long to list , the decision letter stated I was going to be entitled to standard for both daily living and mobility (Been on enhanced for both previously) stating there was no medical evidence to support my mental health issues and no problems in my muskuloskeletal and mental health findings ( the seven series tests and 3 stage commands aswell as calculating change and spelling 'world ' backwards never took place ) I'd like any advice as to what to do or say to dwp regarding a mandatory consideration, because I believe A!1i have been underestimated the degree of my disabilities and consequently underestimated the extent of my mobility problems and the difficulty I have carrying out daily living activities.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #202277 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment and decision letter
Snowy

You mention your conditions but not the activities that you would have issues with, how restricted is your mobility?

Have you received a copy of the assessment report or are you going by the Decision Letter?

It's important to deal with the issues in the report but an increased award will only be made by your showing that you should score the points for one, so go back to your PIP2 and our PIP Claim guide to make sure that you have shown that you meet the criteria.

Remember you need to deal with your using aids or receiving help from someone else. That said, you must be able to reliably complete the PIP activities on the majority of days not to score.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #202291 by snowy007
Replied by snowy007 on topic Pip assessment and decision letter
Thanks for replying Gordon , I have multi level degenerative disc disease in my upper and lower back and mental health problems, plus other health issues .too many to mention , the activities I should have got points for ( engaging with other people face to face , making budgeting decisions, managing therapy or health condition ) the hp stated on them that I have no mental health input when I gave her numerous reports from consultants and the mental health authorities to prove it , but she never included any of them to be sent to the decision maker hence 0 points for those activities. I provided at least 25 reports from all the doctors and consultants I'm seeing for various conditions, she took 12 to photocopy, but only 3 are included in the report , none regarding mental health input.all in I received my decision letter and it states that my musculoskeletal examination ( I never had one offered to myself ) and mental state examination (didn't get asked to do the 'seven' series, follow three stage commands etc )all in all the report was just full of indescrepencies from start to finish, just wondering what the hext best step to take.

More
6 years 4 months ago #202309 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment and decision letter
snowy

All you can do is go back to basics in your MR;

"I refer you to my answer for question A on my PIP2 and the evidence in documents 1,2 and 3 which show that I meet the criteria to score Z points for Descriptor Y, This is because..."

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.