× Members

PIP Renewal - 0 points. Car Tax question

More
6 years 4 months ago #202318 by Hiijinx
Hello all,

My partners PIP renewal today came back as 0 points - obviously we are fuming and have already sent off for a reconsideration but my question is in regards to the free vehicle tax we currently receive.

Do we need to re-tax it as "non disabled" immediately or when the tax is set to expire next year? Since we are now waiting for the reply/going to appeal it seems such a hassle to de-register, only to re-register later on.

Thanks in advance,

Hiijinx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #202339 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Renewal - 0 points. Car Tax question
Hiijinx

My understanding, we have not seen this contradicted by the DVLA, is that as soon as you lose the High rate Mobility then you also lose entitlement to the discount and you must re-tax your car.

Be aware, not having the proper Vehicle Tax may also invalidate your insurance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.