× Members

ESA to JSA

More
6 years 4 months ago #202320 by Tonya
ESA to JSA was created by Tonya
Hi Mods. I have been taken off Contribution based ESA (Support Group) follwing a Nil Points WC Acessment . I was advised to apply for JSA whilst I put in my MR, I was mistakenly put on IB JSA and not CB JSA, I brought to the attention of the JC+ only to be told that I was not entilted to CB as the 26 weeks were used up on CB ESA? Left with no money, does anyone one know of this, cannot seem to get my head around it and it only furher affects my Mental State. Any help would be helpful.
T

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #202341 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA to JSA
Tonya

There Decision is wrong based on your description of it but may not be wrong based on the facts.

To qualify for JSA(CB) you will need to meet both of the following Contribution Conditions for the two Tax Years 2014-15 and 2015-2016.

Paid Class 1 Contributions for a minimum of 26 weeks in one of the two Tax Years. These can only be acquired thought your working.

Paid or been credited Class 1 contributions for a minimum of 50 weeks in both of the Tax Years. Yous ESA credits you with the contributions.

If you think you should qualify then check with HMRC for your NIC record.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #202343 by Tonya
Replied by Tonya on topic ESA to JSA
Thanks for your reply Gordon.

To clarify I was on CB ESA 2014/15 2015/6 until October 2017 all in the Support Group.
The JC+ are telling my although my JSA Claim from 31/10/17 that I cannot claim CB JSA, does this make sense.

Thanking you for your help.
T

Tony

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #202349 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA to JSA

Tonya wrote: Thanks for your reply Gordon.

To clarify I was on CB ESA 2014/15 2015/6 until October 2017 all in the Support Group.
The JC+ are telling my although my JSA Claim from 31/10/17 that I cannot claim CB JSA, does this make sense.

Thanking you for your help.
T

If you were on ESA during the two relevant Tax Years then I'm afraid you cannot meet the First Contribution Condition and cannot receive JSA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonya

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.