× Members

Awaiting PIP appeal. New claim successful!

More
6 years 4 months ago #202328 by MrsM
Hello I will try to be to the point. My daughter was on DLA then lost her award transferring to PIP in Jan this year after horrific assessment. Going to appeal. Advised by DWP to make new claim due to new developments in health conditions & Autism & mental health. These were not new developments. Anyway the new claim was successful receiving 27 points for daily living and 4 for mobility as opposed to 4 for both components after assessment last November. We haven't had date for appeal yet. I am sending in the paperwork regarding the new successful claim to the courts of appeal in Liverpool however I am not sure how to structure the letter in my daughter's defence as I don't want to lose the appeal. Can anyone advise on any pointers? Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #202350 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Awaiting PIP appeal. New claim successful!
L

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The most important thing to emphasise is that there has been no change in her conditions in regard the new Decision, if the panel believe that there has been then they will disregard much of the information that led to the award as they can only consider your daughters limitations as they were on the date of the Decision being appealed.

Other than that, as the new claim was successful I would look at what the differences between that and the earlier one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrsM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.