× Members

ESA missed counselling, will this affect assessmen

More
6 years 4 months ago #203056 by Scotboy
I have been on esa for almost two years, also pip, I have been referred for mental health counselling but as I missed a session my next appointments were cancelled, I have to call to try to rearrange if they will do so. However I have not been finding it very great for me and fin it very difficult to do, I think my award was only two years so would think I might get asked for assessment in few months, will not going back to counselling affect this? thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #203059 by Gordon

Scotboy wrote: I have been on esa for almost two years, also pip, I have been referred for mental health counselling but as I missed a session my next appointments were cancelled, I have to call to try to rearrange if they will do so. However I have not been finding it very great for me and fin it very difficult to do, I think my award was only two years so would think I might get asked for assessment in few months, will not going back to counselling affect this? thanks.

It shouldn't as it does not appear to be the result of an improvement in your conditions, just explain what happened on the ESA50 and why the sessions were cancelled, if they are not restarted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scotboy

More
6 years 4 months ago #203063 by Scotboy
Thanks, actually have been a bit worse and find it very difficult and stressful, but am under the impression the fact I am trying to undergo counselling has some impact on not really being called to meetings other than six monthly.

More
6 years 4 months ago #203067 by Gordon

Scotboy wrote: Thanks, actually have been a bit worse and find it very difficult and stressful, but am under the impression the fact I am trying to undergo counselling has some impact on not really being called to meetings other than six monthly.

If you are in the WRAG then your JC+ advisor may have decided not to require you to attend WFIs any more frequently than every six months, but this was their decision, there is nothing in law that defines this, so it may change or it may not, I'm afraid I can't pre-empt what the JC+ will do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scotboy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.