× Members

Time scale esa assessment

More
6 years 4 months ago #203161 by Aanniiee
Time scale esa assessment was created by Aanniiee
Hello everyone,

I apologise if this has been covered somewhere, I have searched and read through some posts regarding waiting times but I was just wondering if it is normal to go 15 months before initial assessment?

I have rung DWP who told me to ring Maximus which I have done once a month for the past 3 months now and they just say I have to wait for an appointment letter. They have no idea how much longer.

My other issue is my doctor has gone on maternity leave, and on top of that the surgery has been taken over by another group and I'm finding things all very stressful, all these changes are making me extremely anxious.

I am due to send in another fit note next week and even the thought of ringing the doctors to ask for one is stressing me out. Before all the changes it was a simple process. Last month when I rang the receptionist was click-clacking away at the keyboard and with a sharp intake of breath proceeded to tell me ...'oh I should think the doctor will need to see you!' I wasn't aware a receptionist would be either qualified or in a position make this call

I have been to the surgery since my Dr left and saw another 'original' Dr pre take-over and he told me just to do the same and call into request fit note when I needed it. Now I feel as though I am being judged by the receptionist and I have to work myself up to do the simplest of tasks.

Sorry, this is so long.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #203190 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Time scale esa assessment
Annie

It's definitely unusual, there have been and still are considerable dealys in the ESA assessment process but we should have seen the last of 15 month wait times.

The only practical advice I can suggest is for you to involve your MP.

Contacting your MP

GPs are not supposed to issue a Fit Note for the first time, I realise you have had one before but it would be the first time for this GP, without seeing you the patient.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aanniiee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.