× Members

Assessments experinces

More
6 years 3 months ago #205142 by carol
Assessments experinces was created by carol
What is other people's experiences of face to face assessments please.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205188 by Kendod666
Replied by Kendod666 on topic Assessments experinces
Very very nerve-wracking. But the assessor was very fair in the report I was given. Nothing omitted. No lies. All a detailed description of what we discussed.

Looks like I will be re assessed in a year which I really didn't want. But nothing out of the ordinary.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205264 by Daisyc3cjs
Replied by Daisyc3cjs on topic Assessments experinces
Mine was on 17th January. On the face of it the Nurse who did the assessment seemed very nice. I felt on one or two occasions however she was trying to put words in my mouth. I haven't had the result as yet neither have I asked for a copy of the report. To be honest from what I have read, it is unusual to get a positive result from the outset. I will wait until I receive a letter before asking for a copy of the report and take it from there. I was kept waiting 20 mins and then in the interview for no more than 20 minutes. At no time was I asked to do any form of exercise. Hope this helps.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205305 by Roxy raver
Replied by Roxy raver on topic Assessments experinces
Hi I had mine yesterday and for me it was horrendous !! It got cancelled by IAS last week just as I was leaving to get there so had to endure 10 days until it was re scheduled !
So yesterday mine was at 9.00 I took this time as thought less chance of being cancelled again.
I was called in at 9.10 and it took 1hr 20 mins I was seen by a pleasent enough lady who was a physio she informed of this at the start.
She informed me that she had 55 pages of evidence but had not read it all ?!!
The questions were absolutely stupid and when you try and answer them it's obvious they take what they want from your responses.
You will continually repeat yourself.........
She has boxes which she literally has to tick ect and add comments none of these you can see.
My examination consisted of her asking me to left my lowere legs knee upwards,
Put my lower arm across my body one at a time ,turn my hands upside down then back again,
Bend my arm at the elbow upwards,squeeze her 2 fingers as in a grip motion.
She felt my thighs,lower calves and feet and asked if I could feel her !
Rotate my feet !
For me it was an awful experience I felt humiliated by the whole procedure I have been ill since I was 3 yrs old had a life award of DLA since 1992 and about 15 yrs ago had a general review including a medical that was carried out by a doctor and took 15 mins ..........
I was medically retired at age 27yrs
Personally I think PIP is extremely difficult to qualify for and at the moment I'm feeling absolutely dreadful about the result.
I wish you courage and don't wish to scare you by what I've said but be prepared ........
Good Luck

More
6 years 3 months ago #205340 by Puretartan
Replied by Puretartan on topic Assessments experinces
Not a great experience having to have assessment very nerve wrecking
But to be honest my wife had her assessment October of last year we had to have it in house due to my wife's illness it was a nurse from Atos that attended she was here on time and asked questions regarding my wife's disibilitys she was disabled herself so I think that helped the situation in the sence that she would understand disibility
She was here for just under an hour she was pleasant and understanding.
My wife was awarded her full allowance three weeks later ,so iin our case it was a good experience , hope this helps ,,

More
6 years 3 months ago #205399 by jakkijax
Replied by jakkijax on topic Assessments experinces
a nurse did mine. she was fair and I found her ok. she took 1.5 hours which was too long for me. but she was thorough.

luckily (or not ) I am quite confrontational when stressed and with people I don't know. so I kept saying ... what are you writing ... read it back to me ... and I said things like what do you mean by that. or why are you saying or asking that.

I wasn't trying to be awkward it's just how my condition works sometimes.

I did pass the pip .. bit i think the scores were low.

hope that helps.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.