× Members

Working Tax & PIP Changes in circumstance

More
6 years 3 months ago #205176 by Alyson1979
Working Tax & PIP Changes in circumstance was created by Alyson1979
Hi Everyone

Last week I won my PIP tribunal for standard daily living, I am a single parent to a 2 year old, I work part time, around 20 hours per week, I currently receive both working tax & child tax credit. I live in a full universal credit area. If I now tell tax credits I recieve PIP; in the hope of receiving the disability element, would this actually end up being classed as a change in circumstance that I would be forced onto universal credit?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205196 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Working Tax & PIP Changes in circumstance
Alyson

No it should not result in a transfer to UC as it is an amendment to your existing. a transfer would only be initiated by your making a new claim for one of the benefits covered by UC, for example; if you moved from one Local Authority to another then this would required a new claim for Housing Benefit.
Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 3 months ago #205219 by Alyson1979
Replied by Alyson1979 on topic Working Tax & PIP Changes in circumstance
Hi Gordon, thanks so much for your help! I couldn’t find an answer on any of the offical websites specific to my situation, I had hoped that would be the case as I wasn’t actually making any sort of new claim.
Thanks again
Alyson

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.