× Members

tribunal decision

More
6 years 4 months ago #205206 by merlin
tribunal decision was created by merlin
appeal upheld d.w.p did not show. i got the impression the courts are becoming very frustrated by cases that should not have gone to court.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #205224 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic tribunal decision
merlin

That's terrific news, well done.

You might want to have a look at the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3688-most...enior-tribunal-judge

Gordon

Tags: @RTESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: franny66, merlin

More
6 years 4 months ago #205257 by franny66
Replied by franny66 on topic tribunal decision
The solution is to charge the DWP for going ahead with no win cases, its pure waste of time and money....its very annoying
The following user(s) said Thank You: merlin , braveheart

More
6 years 4 months ago #205315 by merlin
Replied by merlin on topic tribunal decision
having gone through all the procedures and waiting 1yr for a 5min tribunal to find in my favour.
i have no doubt the d.w.p are taking cases they know they are going to lose to court, in the insurance trade its called nuisance value i.e. hoping that claimants cannot cope with all the tactics and thier illnesses and give up
i can understand why claimants give up but if you can keep going, the more claimants that prove a lot of the decisions made by the d.w.p are unfair the more pressure there will be on the goverment. this site has been of great help but we all need to keep fighting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy, franny66, ivyfox, braveheart

More
6 years 4 months ago #205328 by franny66
Replied by franny66 on topic tribunal decision
Lets get this straight, you did your appeal, sent in all the evidence and written submission. You waited a year for a hearing and the DWP never showed up at the Tribunal to contest it right? If this is the case one has to ask how often does this happen? Gordon any rough idea? This is total disrespect for the appeal process and the court process by a government agency. The main steam media should take up this waste of taxpayers money...
The following user(s) said Thank You: merlin

More
6 years 4 months ago #205368 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic tribunal decision
Franny

The DWP are not required to attend an appeal hearing and in the majority of cases they do not, although they are employing more Presenting Officers so that they can.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3693-dwp-...of-all-pip-tribunals

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: merlin

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.