× Members

P45 after EDS claim turned down

More
6 years 3 months ago #205212 by noah
P45 after EDS claim turned down was created by noah
I was awarded zero points for my ESA, with the same at mandatory reconsideration.
I would expect to get a P45 when my benefit ends but was really surprised that it was issued 2 to 3 weeks prior to the mandatory reconsideration notice.
Is it worth pointing this out at appeal and suggesting that by issuing a p45 before the mandatory reconsideration notice the SEP had already decided my claim outcome?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205227 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P45 after EDS claim turned down
noah

The P45 was issued as a result of your Fit for Work Decision, it has nothing to do with the MR process and would have no impact on the Decision that was made for the MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: noah

More
6 years 3 months ago #205230 by noah
Replied by noah on topic P45 after EDS claim turned down
Thank you.

It does seem strange though that a P45 is issued whilst the final decision has yet to be reached

More
6 years 3 months ago #205233 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P45 after EDS claim turned down

noah wrote: Thank you.

It does seem strange though that a P45 is issued whilst the final decision has yet to be reached

I'm afraid you are misunderstanding the process, a final Decision was made when you were found Fit for Work, the MR looks to see whether it can re-make that Decision as does the appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: noah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.