× Members

Pip query

More
6 years 3 months ago #205218 by debbiesixtysix1
Pip query was created by debbiesixtysix1
Today I received my PIP letter telling me I have been awarded standard daily living and standard mobility. My query is that after having read the pip letter and how the decision was made the assessor had put that I attended the assessment alone. I actually attended with my sister and by taxi which the Dow paid my expenses in full.i did go into the room on my own.
On my form I put on question Q13b do you need help getting to somewhere you don’t know
well ? I ticked Yes.
could this actually change the rate to enhanced ? As I understand 2 points could be awarded for this.I’m not sure how this works but if I was to mention this that I wanted it to be looked at again in a MR I could lose what I have already been awarded. I have the assessors report as well and the award is spot on for the award given. I really am confused what to do ? Could you advise me please.
Also just been awarded esa support group today as well.
Many Thanks
Debbie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205236 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip query
Debbie

You received a Standard award for Mobility, what Descriptor(s) did the DWP decide you met?

Whether you can score higher will depend on how you qualified now as the criteria you met may not allow you to score higher.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 3 months ago #205239 by debbiesixtysix1
Replied by debbiesixtysix1 on topic Pip query
I scored 10points for moving around - can stand and then move using an aid more than 20 meters but no more than 50 meters.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #205242 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip query
Debbie

So the issues you raised are covered under the Going Out activity, however you have not convinced the DWP that you meet any of the Descriptors for this activity.

The Going Out activity looks at three things.

Planning a route - this is primarily a cognitive or sensory (e.g. blindness) activity. You are being asked about the problems you would have with working out how to get from one place to another, you do not need to be able to follow the route that you are planning..

Undertaking a Journey - this is do with mental health issues such as agoraphobia and social anxiety and is concerned with you leaving the house to go somewhere, they will be interested in the things that stop you doing this. You need to show that you would suffer "overwhelming psychological distress" to meet the criteria.

Following a route - This activity about the problems you would have navigating a route. So are there problems cognitive, sensory or mental health issues that would prevent you from doing this? This is different from undertaking a journey, in fact if you cannot undertake a journey then you will struggle to score points for following one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: debbiesixtysix1

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.