× Members

Pip appeal

More
6 years 3 months ago #205223 by Jane52
Pip appeal was created by Jane52
Hello
I sent my bundle off to the courts a few months ago as appealing pip. I received a letter a few weeks later from HMCourts and Tribunals Service stating "I enclose further evidence for your appeal. Please attach this to the appeal documents you already have" I did not understand this letter as they were attaching no further evidence and were they wanting me to attach this letter to the bundle I had already sent. Could you clarify please. This was back in September. I have now had a letter with my appeal date and asking me to bring my appeal papers with me, which the letter states were sent to me". Should my bundle have been sent back to me? I am confused as to the paperwork they are referring to. Could you help me with this please. Many thanks. Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205241 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip appeal
Jane

You should have received a "bundle" from the DWP as a result of your requesting your appeal, when you sent your own submission the Tribunal Service should have returned a copy to you which you should add to the documents that you already have.

If you did not receive these pages with the letter that you mention then you need to contact the TS about this, it is essential that all parties at the hearing have the same pile of documents, if not then it is the surest way to have the hearing adjourned for a later date so that the evidence can be sorted out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 3 months ago #205245 by Jane52
Replied by Jane52 on topic Pip appeal
Thank you Gordan That makes more sense of the letter HMCourts and Tribunals Services sent to me in September "after" I had sent them my bundle stating they enclosed further evidence for my appeal All that was attached was one page stating "From DWP To: ASC Birmingham Subject: Official supplementary response Attachments: Supplementary Response (3) doc. Then a statement stating the confidentiality of the document. Then a final page stating the Benefit PIP Date of Completion my name my n.i. number my tribunal reference number That the information in the appellants additional response has been considered by a Decision Maker but does not change the decision under appeal. Please proceed to hearing. Is this all the information I am supposed to have, or should I get my bundle back too if I am supposed to bring my appeal papers with me when I come to the hearing. Is my bundle my appeal papers?

More
6 years 3 months ago #205247 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip appeal
Jane

From your post, the letter you received is solely concerned with the DWP response that is attached.

I would expect you to have received a copy of your own submission back as a copy, the TS add their own numbering to each page in the top right corner,. so you can easily check if anything is missing.

If in doubt contact the TS.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.