× Members

Carers allowance

More
6 years 3 months ago #205262 by jackie
Carers allowance was created by jackie
No one has ever claimed carers allowance for me. (middle rate DLA)
My daughter lives with me and her two babies. She gets income support, child tax credits and child benefit. Can she claim for me?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205282 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers allowance
Jackie

Providing she is able to provide 35 hours or more or care a week then I see no reason why she should not claim Carers Allowance, however I would recommend that she puts her information in to one of the online benefit calculators first to understand what she might receive in additional payments to see if it is worth her while.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 3 months ago #205364 by nonsmoker2008
Replied by nonsmoker2008 on topic Carers allowance
The amount of carers allowance awarded will be taken £ for £ from her income support, unfortunately
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

More
6 years 3 months ago #205388 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers allowance

nonsmoker2008 wrote: The amount of carers allowance awarded will be taken £ for £ from her income support, unfortunately

But she would receive a Carers Premium!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.