× Members

Face to face Assesment FHumiliation

More
6 years 4 months ago #205263 by Roxy raver
Face to face Assesment FHumiliation was created by Roxy raver
Hi
Yesterday 25th Jan I attended my PIP F2F assessment and it was just awful I feel physically ill
It was so humiliating I left feeling totally bewildered by the whole process.
My assessment was with IAS .
Having previously a Life DLA award I knew I would have to claim PIP but omg I cannot comprehend how or why certain people are subjected to this assessment.
I had a nice lady who informed me she was a physio and had not looked at my 55 pages of evidence just some of them ?!! Great only had my papers since early December .....
The questions she then proceeded to ask were utterly ridiculous I'm sorry but really.
She even asked how I managed to study st school /college!! That was 30 years ago !!
The assessment took 1 hr 20 mins !!! After an hour I asked how long she replied just a few more questions.
The physical examination was pathetic and if from being able to just sort of wrap my arm over my lower body(tummy ) turn my hands upside down then back up,,lift my lower arm and bend it ...... it was ridiculous.
One of the questions was does your medication help !! To which I replied I'd be dead if it didn't work .....
I like many on here are ill I have no choice but to claim benefits I was medically retired at 27 yrs old trust me if I could work I would.
I now await the dreaded decision and at the moment I feel very neagative about the decision.
For anyone facing a F2F I wish you courage...... for me personally ........it was horrendous and I feel very humiliated stressed and extremely anxious.
Quite honestly the thought of appeal if required I don't honestly think I could the whole process to claim PIP is totally unfair and degrading.
I will update once I receive my decision.... if I can bare to open the envelope .
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #205283 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face Assesment FHumiliation
Lucy

Sorry to hear it was such a trial for you.

You should be able to request a copy of the assessment report next week by contacting the DWP office dealing with your PIP claim.

PIP Decision are taking 2-4 weeks at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #205284 by Roxy raver
Replied by Roxy raver on topic Face to face Assesment FHumiliation
Hi Gordon
Thanks for reply I will await my fate !!!!!
Might call DWP In a week or so to get report if I can summoned the courage .
Does the report give you any idea how they score you ?
I'll update when I receive my decision?
Thanks
Lucy

More
6 years 4 months ago #205297 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face Assesment FHumiliation
Lucy

Yes the report will have the assessors recommended scoring.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roxy raver

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.